• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

choco reaper?

Bought this at the local farmer's market.  Among other carolina reapers (which I presume to have been the real deal), this gal was labelled "chocolate reaper".  The pods have been hanging out for soooooo long, but haven't yet changed colors.  They don't quite have that freaky stinger, but they are otherwise super gnarly.  Maybe a cross between a real choco reaper and something else?  Or a red reaper and something chocolate?

I did end up trying an unripe pod -- intensely hot, but kind of a weird, soapy flavor.  (Haven't used any dishsoap on the leaves.)

Attachments

• IMG_20190731_192248.jpg
    IMG_20190731_192248.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_20190731_192311.jpg
    IMG_20190731_192311.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 126
willard3 said:
What I do is cut a piece of the stem with at least one node and put it in a piece of rockwool and put it in water.

I also took a similar piece and put it in a glass of water.

It's not complicated
So as an outdoor grower, would I do this near the end of the growing season? I'm considering either this, or just overwintering the plants I really like.

willard3 said:
What I do is cut a piece of the stem with at least one node and put it in a piece of rockwool and put it in water.

I also took a similar piece and put it in a glass of water.

It's not complicated
You don't even need the rock wool honestly. I just put mine in a cup of water and place them on a window seal.
Here's 2 that recently rooted. Have the plant that they were cut from in an aerogarden and have to trim it regularly. Might as well do something with the branches I trim off [emoji3]
787f1084fdfbb0f9f599571e9dd24391.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Back