• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Chocolate Douglah?

So I ordered chocolate douglah seeds and a few months later the plant looks like this...... Im thinking its a yellow hab? Does it go from green to yellow to dark like what a chocolate douglah should look like?
dKQkN90.jpg

hfb2eVl.jpg

I agree with hogleg, this is not a douglah of any kind by a longshot... WAY too smooth, and shape is all wrong. I agree that a yellow hab is much more likely

And if I may ask, where did you get the seeds from?

Regardless the plant looks healthy and the pod looks delicious! Eat it up and enjoy! And for whomever sent the wrong seeds to you let us know, I'm sure one of us would be happy to send u some real douglah seeds. For your info though traditionally, all Douglahs were chocolate, the red and yellow are very new species!

Sorry for the late reply. I bought them off of some vender from amazon. Won't be buying from there again. I have a couple other plants I'm trying to grow too so not a biggie. Thanks for the replies.

peppers101 said:
Sorry for the late reply. I bought them off of some vender from amazon. Won't be buying from there again. I have a couple other plants I'm trying to grow too so not a biggie. Thanks for the replies.

Yeah definately buy from a big name vendor. Like pepperjoe, Pepperlover, or someone else repped on this site. There are quite a few godo vendors with good websites you can order from. There are the occasional mess up here and there as with anyone who does big sales in any market but they typically help.

I would buy my seeds from Pepperlover (Judy) she is very reliable and will get the seeds sent off fast. I have never heard anything bad about her or her company. I plan to buy all my pepper seeds from her this fall.
At least you got a hot pepper as it could have been a bell pepper.

Back