• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Chocolate Habanero Sauce

I tried an interesting sauce last night. It's called Chocolate Habanero Sauce by Pepper Palace (of Gatlinburg, TN). I have grown chocolate habs myself, and they are an interesting pepper, but this is the first actual choc. hab. sauce I have tried.
Some may not like this sauce because it is vinegar based, but don't let that stop you from trying this sauce. While vinegar and water are the 2 ingredients listed first, it is not anything like Tobasco, i.e. it is not overwhelmingly vinegary.
The difference in flavor between a habanero and a chocolate habanero becomes immediately apparent when you taste this sauce. It's hard to describe, but the chocolate habs in the sauce give it a darker, richer flavor. I think this sauce would go well on steak or chicken, though I'm not sure it would work with seafood, because it is strongly flavored. The heat level is about a 7 on a scale of 1-10. Good heat, but won't fry your tastebuds. It's at about the same heat level as Matouk's Flambeau Sauce...not too hot, not too cool. Great sauce for pepper heads.
I will buy this sauce again.

Bon Apetit.

Josh

Back