• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Choice Of Sauces

Hi everyone,
Hope im posting this in the right section! Any way as you know the HellandBack shop is coming along and we are finalizing the sauce range. We have already contacted a few Aussie sauce makers so now its all about the U.S and any other countries that people can think of.

I should point out the reason we are constantly asking what people would like to see stocked is that we dont want to go with the generic mass produced brands all the time. Dont get me wrong i love most sauces but we want to stock some items that people in the U.K might not have come across before.

So i have a few ideas of sauces that i love and think would work well and just want to know your guys feedback, here goes:

U.S

Race City Sauces
Cajohns
Danny Cash
Marie Sharps (belize)
Defcon (There definitly on once the wholesaler gets back to me)

And from the U.K:

Chillipepper Pete
Gringley Gringos

I know theres a few sauce makers there that are already available widley in the U.K but just wan to see what you all think, especialy U.K residents.

Thanks for looking!

Andy
HnB

HellandBack said:
Hi everyone,
Hope im posting this in the right section! Any way as you know the HellandBack shop is coming along and we are finalizing the sauce range. We have already contacted a few Aussie sauce makers so now its all about the U.S and any other countries that people can think of.

I should point out the reason we are constantly asking what people would like to see stocked is that we dont want to go with the generic mass produced brands all the time. Dont get me wrong i love most sauces but we want to stock some items that people in the U.K might not have come across before.

So i have a few ideas of sauces that i love and think would work well and just want to know your guys feedback, here goes:

U.S

Race City Sauces
Cajohns
Danny Cash
Marie Sharps (belize)
Defcon (There definitly on once the wholesaler gets back to me)

And from the U.K:

Chillipepper Pete
Gringley Gringos

I know theres a few sauce makers there that are already available widley in the U.K but just wan to see what you all think, especialy U.K residents.

Thanks for looking!

Andy
HnB

Hey HnB,

For a UK maker you may wish to consider, try looking up Nick Woods at Fire Foods UK (www.firefoods.co.uk). I've tried some of his sauces, and they're good.

For some unique North American hot sauces that you won't likely have seen, look into:

Torchbearer Sauces (from Pennsylvania) - www.torchbearersauces.com
Denzel's Hot Sauces (from British Columbia in Canada) - www.denzelshotsauce.com
Peppermaster Sauces (from Quebec in Canada) - www.peppermaster.com
W.O. Hesperus sauces (from Maine) - www.wohesperus.com
The Art of Chipotle sauces (from California) - www.chipotlepeople.com
Zane and Zack's World Famous Honey Co. (from Washington) - www.zandzhoneyco.com
Mild to Wild Pepper Co. (from Indiana) - www.wildpepper.com

All these products are unique, natural, and really likely to have some "wow" factor to a new audience since they are not mass-produced like many of the products you see all the time.

There are more, I'm sure, but these are ones that come to mind right off the bat.

- Joe

I would also suggest your peruse the list of THPA winners:
Defcon and chillipepperpete are on the list!
So is W.O. Hesperus, that LinNJoe mentioned.

I agree Joe & Linda on Woody's sauces, I've just ordered his mustard and horseradish- Fire Horse mustard and his Reserve again. His BBQ sauce is lovely too, I've loved everything I've had from him, plus he's just a top bloke and I think he's great.

In the UK, Woody's no doubt. talk to Mark from thechileman.org, maybe he'll go mass production once you have a chat with him. in the US, have a look at Intensity Academy. the sauces are good, but they make the best condiments.

Just had to mention AlphanerdZ from Australia. his sauces are truly spectacular.

Back