• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Choosing between grow shelves

rshortt,

Your setup is really coming around! I like the idea of mounting all light fixtures to a single board and I like what you did with the mylar-over-cardboard idea. I think I'll incorporate both of those ideas myself. Good stuff. Thanks for the pics.:)

cmpman1974 said:
Take the second one anyday. MUCH better. I have 3 of them. They are NOT NOT NOT junk. Super strong, flexible design, love them.

I don't know if they're MUCH better Chris, but I agree #2 is definitely NOT NOT NOT junk :lol:. Best of all, #2 (74x48x18) is on sale at Lowes for 59.99 until 1/10/10. I just bought two of them (all they had left). I could have done a raincheck for more, but two are enough for now.

Can anyone recommend where to find 48" units like this aside from Lowe's? Ive checked out Home Depot and Walmart and most of what they have to offer are 36".

I paid right around $21 for one unit to be UPS shipped to my door. I didn't think that was too bad since the unit I bought is wider (deeper) than I could find in the stores. Without hobbling down to my grow room to measure, since I cant remember the actual dimensions, but they are deep enough for 3 two bulb shop light fixtures per shelf level.

If anyone is looking to expand their seed starting setup, here's a shelving unit I just bought (48"W x 24"D x 72"H).

I don't know how it works, but I got a price of $112.38 with free shipping. Delivered to my door in a day. If you get a higher price, try searching SW504824BL through google shopping and click the $112 link to shoplet.com.

Back