• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Christmas Island Rock Phosphate

i was told that the egg shell take a long time to break down. so we need to bake them to break down faster ?

Oh, I think if you grind them up to a nice powder it should work just fine... There might be some benefits to it that I'm not aware of though...

Put egg shells Thur a food grinder to make power first, grinder blade with 1/4 " holes works good. next fry,cook bake or use a torch make good and black, pour into glass jar,pour in white vinegar cover over the top of the blacken shells put top on very lose let set for 7 to 10 days the acid in the vinegar dissolves the calcium TO MAKE IT WATER SOLUBLE instant uptake by the plants. MIX 2 Tbsp to 1 gal of clean water RO is best no more as it's very strong.have used it for 5 years works good. Is that so tuff to understand

(ground egg shell is still egg shell)

Put egg shells Thur a food grinder to make power first, grinder blade with 1/4 " holes works good. next fry,cook bake or use a torch make good and black, pour into glass jar,pour in white vinegar cover over the top of the blacken shells put top on very lose let set for 7 to 10 days the acid in the vinegar dissolves the calcium TO MAKE IT WATER SOLUBLE instant uptake by the plants. MIX 2 Tbsp to 1 gal of clean water RO is best no more as it's very strong.have used it for 5 years works good. Is that so tuff to understand

How many eggs worth of shells.

I make it once a year about 50 - 60 eggs the finer you grind them the better they burn, you can use as many as you want or you think you can use in a season. Please burn outside the smell is way nasty.you don't need a gas mask but different. have fun if have any questions please ask. good gardening

I make it once a year about 50 - 60 eggs the finer you grind them the better they burn, you can use as many as you want or you think you can use in a season. Please burn outside the smell is way nasty.you don't need a gas mask but different. have fun if have any questions please ask. good gardening

Thanks for the tip (Especially the burn outside part). Calcium has always been the main element I have problems with down here. I do foliar feeding for everything else, makes sense to do it this was for Ca as well.

thanks for the tips HawaiiAl..

Back