• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Cinnamon?

I've started getting a small amount of white moss on the soil in a few of my cups. Typically they have good air circulation because I leave the door open on the closet I have them in, but there's a cat in the house now so I leave it closed and haven't gotten a fan yet.
Anyway, I've heard that you can put a light dusting of cinnamon on the soil after removing the mold to prevent any from growing back. Has anybody else heard this? Should I try it out on a few plants and see what happens?

NickP said:
I've started getting a small amount of white moss on the soil in a few of my cups. Typically they have good air circulation because I leave the door open on the closet I have them in, but there's a cat in the house now so I leave it closed and haven't gotten a fan yet.
Anyway, I've heard that you can put a light dusting of cinnamon on the soil after removing the mold to prevent any from growing back. Has anybody else heard this? Should I try it out on a few plants and see what happens?

I understand that cinnamon is a great antiseptic so I guess it should work. If it doesn't you can try with chamomile tea, sodium bicarbonate or buy hydrogen peroxide and mix it with water.

Back