• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

citrus plants

these are my citrus plants that i grow in pots.
p1030463s.jpg

i don't know what type of citrus fruit is this. the label was Australian lemon.and i just grew it from a cutting only. it does not have the shape of a lemon fruit. Does anybody know what type is this ??
p1030466sl.jpg

closeup of the fruits.

p1030464s.jpg

this is my calamansi lime plant.

p1030468s.jpg

and my kaffir limes are fruiting as well.

I have no idea what those are sorry. But those are some awesome plants! I want a lime plant so I can have fresh lime for both drinks and cooking. This is far too cool. Thanks for posting this.

sri,

those are seedless lemon.

and your lime is just loaded with flowers! How do you fertilize them?

your citrus plants are looking real healthy.
Thanks franzb69:)

I have no idea what those are sorry. But those are some awesome plants! I want a lime plant so I can have fresh lime for both drinks and cooking. This is far too cool. Thanks for posting this.

i get more fruit than i can use.. most of the time my kaffir lime just drops to the ground.
your welcome :)

sri,

those are seedless lemon.

and your lime is just loaded with flowers! How do you fertilize them?
thanks for the info. ..seedless lemon.(bought it at sg. buloh)
i just use a balance organic fert. 8-8-8 + mg(japanese humus)smells like ground coffee

Very nice, How many years have you had them ?
the plants are less than a year old and the kaffir lime is less than 2 years old

i had to put the seedless lemon on another pot because all the fruits were touching the ground! too heavy!
i just cut my lawn last sunday. the lemons flowers are interesting. it was much bigger and had yellow fruit like in the center.

Sri,
i think i have the same one that you are using ,AJI mino something right?
How much do you and how often? My lime plant doesnt look near as healthy as yours, neither does my lemon tree.

and i want them to look as beautiful as yours :)

Sri,
i think i have the same one that you are using ,AJI mino something right?
How much do you and how often? My lime plant doesnt look near as healthy as yours, neither does my lemon tree.

and i want them to look as beautiful as yours :)
AJI MINO ?? the fert ? quarter hand full once a month

Whats your soil mix? Have repoted one of ours 3 months into fruiting (did not drop any fruit) With better draining soil with a good amount of peat most and a few pumace stones. Will be repoting the rest into bigger pots soon as all are root bound well enough. I'm thinking with the new soil mix I can pot them into the largest pots we have. The more I'm learning about Soil mixs the better the plants are doing. Almost no work in getting them looking great once the mix is right.

wow, I those are some nice looking plants, I want to try my luck with growing those lol, are they easier then peppers or do they require more attention?

wow, I those are some nice looking plants, I want to try my luck with growing those lol, are they easier then peppers or do they require more attention?
they are easier than peppers for me.. i got more luck planting those citrus plants than pepper. i feel problems are less for me ..

those look great, btw what exactly is a meyers lemon tree? i saw some 'grafted' lemon trees at home depot that looked great, but i was told explicitly to buy a Meyers?

those look great, btw what exactly is a meyers lemon tree? i saw some 'grafted' lemon trees at home depot that looked great, but i was told explicitly to buy a Meyers?
"Of all dwarf citrus trees, the Improved Meyer Lemon is one of the hardiest (it can withstand cold weather and some abuse). And it's one of the most productive, for its size. And, best of all, it is a small compact tree which can grow well in most U.S. climates. Our dwarf Improved Meyer Lemon Tree makes a striking addition to the patio or deck in the summer, resembling a topiary."

see here meyer lemon

hope this helps :)

Back