• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

condiment CJ Korean BBQ sauce

awhile back I tried this " CJ Korean BBQ sauce, chicken & pork marinade, hot & spicy " version.
I didnt marinade the chicken, I just BBQ'ed it & then basted the sauce on towards the end. I'll say its very tasty but has nowhere near the heat that a chilehead would like, but you can mix in your own chile powder before use.

I found the 1st bottle at some grocery store, then got lucky to find 2 other flavors at an asian grocery store...bulgogi marinade...chicken & pork marinade -not even the same(ingredient wise) as the hot n spicy version.
they have an pear/apple sweetness to them. well the other flavors might have a little more soy sauce flavor???just by reading the ingredients but maybe still with a sweetness?? though that chicken/pork hot/spicy version is GREAT!
I'll be trying those other 2 flavors probally in a week. if any of you ever see them give'em a try..you might like them..just mix in your own hot chile powder.
anyone else try these sauces ?

heres what they look like

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dgrocery&field-keywords=cj+korean+bbq+sauce&ih=12_6_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_2.234_292&fsc=-1&x=21&y=15

didnt know where else to place this.

awhile back I tried this " CJ Korean BBQ sauce, chicken & pork marinade, hot & spicy " version.

Thanks for that info.

I'm going to look for this next time I'm at the little local Asian grocery. If I can't find it there then I'll look at Jungle Jim's. I love this kind of sauce and I'm too white to successfully cook Asian foods at home. I can get the rice, meat and veggies cooked just right, but there's something about the sauces I just can't figure out. I think they use a lot of fish oils and other funky flavorings I'm just not privy to. Don't know what pairs with what or exactly what quantities to use.

Ironically the house next door to my parents sold a few months ago. Wouldn't you know the family that runs the nearest Chinese restaurant moved in. They're actually very friendly and I'm making an attempt at getting them to divulge some of their cooking secrets.

Back