• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CMPMAN1974's 2010 Growing Log

Well, I created a different thread, but I can't find it. It was in the wrong section anyways so I'm starting over.

The season is on. Here's a peek into early activity. It's no AJ set-up, but....

P1080622.jpg

P1080623.jpg

P1080629.jpg

P1080630.jpg

oops, my bad. at first i only saw young plants. didn't see all the incredible pods. you've got 7pods i've never heard of before. have any of your black nagas matured yet? curious as to how they are. unreal!

Everything is looking great Chris. How have the pepper maggots been this season. If I recall, this is prime time for them laying eggs right?

Josh, I have not had any Rocotos or larger pods ripen yet. These are the ones they swarm too. It's been a very hot year, but I'm sure they'll be here. They are relentless.

I wish Dale (Podpiper) from Michigan would post and show how his garden is faring. He too had huge issues with these pests. I'll report back if I later see those disguting white maggots. They make me want to vomit. lol.

Chris

Yeah I just love all those cool crosses.
Yaki Blue is unreal. I think anything crossed with a Filius Blue is going to be nice.
The Goat Pepper is very pretty.
Elisa is cool as always.
CGN 23094 is very unique looking. The pods start out like grapes.
Sayula Jalapeno looks really cool -wow!
In fact they all look really nice. You must be very proud.

So far I'd say my favorite is this Yellow Scotch Bonnet from a local grocery mart. lol. I extracted seed last year from pods I bought. The offspring are stunning. Much better than the originals even.

Chris

P1080807.jpg

P1080806.jpg

P1080808.jpg

Thanks. What I like is every pod is uniform. Some are very pitted too. It's rare to find a legitimate and consistently shaped true scotch bonnet.

Chris

Hey Chris nice scotch bonnet find from the market very cool, but I got the Yellow Scorpion CARDI from you couple season ago an mine are a lighter color yellow more bonnet shaped scorpions. Your look like they might have been crossed somewhere along the line, just from the pic. Good to hear your season is catching up nicely and your plant are producing beautiful peppers. Way too hot here for polination in the south. Always enjoy the new peppers you find every year that bhut x neyde has a blood color. Save me some seed from that SB, I have an incredible primo plant that is producing these pods with tails. Thanks for everything, great pictures. :clap:

Nice PRF. That 7 Pot Primo pod is how most of mine look this year. :) Pretty cool pod.

I got those Yellow Scorpion CARDI from another grower. There is no true consistency IMO on those pods, but I agree a bit of crossing may have occured. Some on the same plant do resemble what you posted though too.

Do you find any of the Primo 7 pot plants to be very productive? That's the one downfall IMO. None produce pods like some of the other strains. Maybe it's just my growing medium/conditions? 7 Pot Barrackpore is a real winner in that respect.

Chris

Megamaster 71 recently posted a picture of a ripe Pimenta Elisa pod that is breathtaking on another forum. It's red with purple lines streaks. It puts a whole new dimension to peppers.

Chris

The 7 Primo I'm growing from your seeds Chris look exactly the same as PRF's. That tail is very distinct. They started growing like gangbusters and are still the tallest of my outdoor plants. Were covered with buds and flowers then lost them all. For the last week and a half they've started growing like mad again. Got pods popping up all over.

Took this pic earlier today.

IMG_5514re.jpg

Back