• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

condiment Coach’s “Lost Texan Salsa”

Coach was kind enough to drop off a few jars of his home made fresh salsa with me. Two jars were taken to work and shared with my coworkers. One was mild (#2) and the other hot (#5).

And

Tostitos “Crispy Rounds” (100% white corn)

Needless to say, they went pretty quick. Most preferred the hot to my surprise, which was fueled with habanero giving it a nice little zip. The heat level was borderline for me. Any hotter would have been a bit too much. Not sure what was in the mild, but they were both excellent. No vinegar, well balanced flavor and just the right amount of fresh cilantro.

The only downside was the short shelf life you get with any fresh stuff and no additives. Everyone asked when I was bringing in more. :)

I give it “4” out of “5” chili’s!

Pete

Thanks Pete!

...and sorry, but the salsa is not available online or in stores ---just yet.

I do already own the domain name for the website, and by the end of the month have a facebook page setup.

I've spoken to a co-packer down in Houston, and by December should have a big enough stash of cash to plop down to make it happen.

The main reason I'll begin using the co-packer is to lengthen the shelf life from 3 weeks to a year.

...which will open up the ability to ship worldwide, take internet sales, and get in the grocery stores.

I'm currently working in NE Iowa on the Mississippi, and in October will be down in the Canton, MO area for the next 4 month job... if anyone is going to be close, just let me know and I'll pass jars of it to you. :)

Back