• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

media Coco Potting Mix

Blister said:
We're a month or so into winter here and I was having a problem with mould growing on the top of my plants too. I had them in a window and the temps were dropping to about 62f at night. The sun never warmed them enough to fully dry the tops of the coco or get the plants growing to a point where they could use the nutes. I cut my water back and had to scrape the top layer off a few times to stop the mould from spreading.

Also my mould problem went away, when i simply increased the air circulation in the grow room.

Mould is a sign of stagnant water and air. Increase circulation and the mould spores can't develop. But I would be cautious, use a hazard mask when cleaning yhat stuff. You don't want to breath in the spores.

the first of the ripe 7 pot primos growing in coco. my favorite plant so far. looking vicious and delicious.

20248307-DAEC-4445-92EC-058161622141_zps8n44wexl.jpg

62694323-E520-4497-9278-19DC598142D9_zpskmxc1r6s.jpg

4C2DD825-8D85-4757-869A-280302E00692_zpsyiid0sa8.jpg

Chilidude said:
Looking very good so far, how many pods do you have in that 7 pot primo?
I estimate somewhere around 35. From what ive read, The pods on the primo are not quite big but these are getting huge.

Nicely done Pac_heat! I'm in my first year of coco and after a few struggles, I think I may have a better understanding of it. How big are your smart pots?

Blister said:
Nicely done Pac_heat! I'm in my first year of coco and after a few struggles, I think I may have a better understanding of it. How big are your smart pots?

I have them in 5 gal pots. I may move some of the better plants I plan on keeping into 7 gal pots. The smart pots/root pouches have really made a difference.

Back