• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

College Football: Anyone going "Bowling?"

I have never been to a College Bowl game, but got my tickets for the Emerald Bowl in SF on 12/27 about a month ago...50 yd line 10 rows up on the aisle...:)

I was hoping Arizona would take care of Oregon St. tonight to keep Cal in the 5th Pac-10 slot (because of Arizona's win vs. Cal to break the tie) to go to that game (I'm a Cal fan:cool:)....now Arizona is looking to be in it...

well, that is, unless next week Cal loses to 0-10 Washington, Arizona beats ASU, and Oregon trounces Oregon St. and dashes their Rose Bowl chances...and puts Cal back in the 5th place slot to go to the Emerald Bowl...

It will be a great game of Pac-10 vs. ACC whoever makes it...

Anyone else heading to a bowl game this year?

I am an Auburn University alumnus and this will be the first year we haven't gone to a bowl game in years..Tubberville screwed up this year trying to change to a spread offense with non-spread players and it backfired on him...we have Alabama this coming weekend and probably will get our heads handed to us...that will make Auburn 5-7 so no bowl elligibility...always easier to kick back and watch it on TV.

The only bowl game I have been to is the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Al...but that was 30+ years ago. I have Ed "Too Tall" Jones, Johnny Musso, Pat Sullivan, and Terry Beasley autographs tho on a chin strap somewhere...

AJ,
Auburn is a great school (and one I usually avoid in any pool because they play SEC teams hard...and usually are involved in 3 or 7 pt trap games)...it is a good program and will recover...

Now USC is ranked 5th in the BCS so if they make a BCS game...and Oregon takes the Pac-10 title and "Goes for the roses" in the Rose Bowl...this could mean the 5th Pac-10 slot is....AT LARGE! (because no one else in the Pac-10 is eligible to fill the bid)....

so ACC vs......?

We shall see...maybe a WAC team may fill such a bid....Fresno St. anyone???? (my dad's Alma Mater) or maybe another local hopeful in San Jose St. ?

Life is Good!

Cal accepted the Emerald Bowl bid!!!!!!!

50 yard line seeing a "home team" in a bowl game...it doesn't get much better than that!

Back