• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Comfort Food Thread

Searched and found one 7 years ago and instead of activating a necro thread with dead photobucket links I thought might start a new one. Winter here so probably gona do some sweet stuff :D

Had a craving for eggs lately. Rye bread/tomato with a slab of Havarti, Golden berry hot sauce and harissa sauce.

RM03cAj.jpg

Muckyai said:
I've been wanting to make something sweet lately so I whipped up some old timey comfort .. peanut butter cookies. The recipe says I should have gotten four dozen cookies out of this batch... Balderdash! I'm short by about 15 cookies... But they still taste good [emoji5]

e20921087750a589d2009ed11db14a88.jpg

Batter to cookie paired with some black rifle coffee. Life is good.

03aed0336e430c2a63f54a1c83fa325b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
yum  :drooling:
giphy.gif

ever made peanut butter/Nutella cookies ?

just like making peanut butter cookies but use half Nutella / half peanut butter and add a touch more butter 

Goulash.

'Merican style.

Olive oil.

Garlic.

Onions.

Zuchinni.

Yellow squash.

Mushrooms.

Dried pequins.

IMG_0449.jpg

Sweat it out.

Add tomato sauce.

Elbow macaroni.

Simmer down.

Then add a wheelbarrow full of shredded cheese.

You get this.

IMG_0452.jpg

Needs a missylou bowl.

IMG_0453.jpg

Goodern' hell!

IMG_0455.jpg

Have mercy!

I went to the new local store that I always/sometimes find good deals on meat. Well I found these beef back ribs seasoned so cheap I had to buy them. I bought 2 racks that looked the best and cooked one tonight. I did a rush job in the oven and they were almost as good as the usual 5 hour cook I do on the smoker. 
100_2159.JPG

That Price Tho
100_2160.JPG

Tator, garden squash and RIB!!!
100_2162.JPG

I couldn't decide where to put this cause its not very spicy and Lord knows Mac&Cheese sure as hell is a comfort food.

Topped with some bacon crumbles, a little of my ripe jalapeno powder, cheddar, Hennings Pico De Queso and just a tiny bit of freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano. Its going out on the smoker in a few minutes with some chicken. Its too hot to run the oven today so its mainly just being used as an oven. Probably toss a small chuck of wood in the box though.

2aYOzwG.jpg

oVc8ndA.jpg

I can smell the smoke! Those almost look cold smoked and not BBQ... reminds me of smoked eel...

Looks really good! It looks like no rub? What's the recipe?

Back