• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Community Lindberg Seed Grow

Figured we have enough people growing or interested in growing these seed, it should have it's own place.

I have had mixed results with seeds from the original batch. After many failed starting attempts with those, I currently have three healthy Jobito plants.

I ordered new seeds in Feb, and as of last night I have three new Jobito sprouts, 2 Pinga de Perro and 1 Rosita Rojo.

The Varieties I have currently have seeds started for are:

Aji Jobito
Aji Pepon
Aji Llaneron
Aji Rosita Rojo
Aji Rosita Amarillo
Aji Margariteno
Aji Pinga de Perro
Aji Chirel

I am hopeful for the ones not yet sprouted as the seeds look good, just being a little slow to germ.

I will add a few Pics when I get to where I have them.

Attachments

• IMG_20160313_224803613.jpg
    IMG_20160313_224803613.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 146
I don't know what size mine is.  It's the larger one.  I'm just wondering if they are better than the fabric pots.  Most of my peppers are grown in fabric pots.

Great idea, Cheri!

Here's where I'm at on these seeds. I knew going into it that I should pull out all the stops, so I did. Light scarification, cold stratification, presoaking, the whole nine. No luck on most of it.

I have two Aji Jobitos ready to be transplanted.

Thus far, three Rosita Rojo, Three more Jobito, and a Pinga de Perro.

Thought I'd share some pictures of my only Lindberg variety to grow out this season, the Aji Margariteno. 

As I took this shot, a green pod broke off, so I decided to give it a taste test. Green, it had a distinct nutty flavor, along side the grassy unripe/green flavor associated with many green pods.
20160211_190636_edit_1465627676154.jpg

I only had one Aji Margariteno plant grow out.
20160514_122246.jpg

The pods.
20160611_163114.jpg

20160611_163131.jpg

20160611_163215.jpg

20160611_163239.jpg

The taste: Initial taste is a very mild, fruity/floral flavor very similar to many superhots, along with a flavour reminiscent of a red bell pepper. As these pods ripen, the walls tend to thin and the pod drys out a little making them less juicy, and less flavorful. I could not detect any heat in these pods whatsoever.
20160611_163254.jpg

Being one of the newest varieties to be available recently, I, just like everyone else jumped at the chance to get some rare pepper varieties while helping Lindberg himself provide a better future for his family.

SR. 

I'm jealous of all these nice looking plants! There is something going on with my Jobitos and Margaretinos that has them stressed out and stunted. I've got a lot of different peppers going right now, but I'm no pepper growing expert. They are all in the same type of soil with same fertilizer, but some are having issues while others are doing fine. What causes a pepper leaf to curl up around the edges? I think they are slowly pulling out of whatever condition had them stressed, thankfully, but mine are way behind yours in growth. 

OK, I'll bump this thread to the top with an update on my plants. The curling leaves and slow growth on these Jobitos turned out to be heat stress. We had a scorching June here in northeast Alabama with many 95-100+ days and it was tough on the small plants. After putting them in the shade they recovered nicely. 1 out of 4 plants is a runt and is still pretty small; the other three are about 8 inches tall and growing well. After they got large enough I removed them from the shade and they are now doing fine in full sun. The one Rosita red died of heat stress early on and the two Margaretinos are still tiny, and may be permanently stunted. They are still growing so I'm keeping my fingers crossed they may grow out of it. Out of the second batch of seeds, NONE sprouted. It's most likely due to heat stress. When I get the indoor grow room set back up in a couple months I'll try sprouting all of them again. 

How is everyone's plants doing? These Jobitos are about 18 inches tall and the largest one has a few pepper pods, about 1/4" and growing! Can't wait to taste them in a couple weeks! Not sure what the deal was with the guy who had to wait an entire year to get peppers. These are doing well since they got large enough to withstand the heat. Very thick and sturdy plants. The Margaretinos are still in recovery mode, still small, but looking much better and getting larger every week. I've almost got the indoor grow room set back up so now that they've had a taste of the outdoors, all these peppers will be coming inside to keep producing and make some seeds. Will be outcrossing the Jobito to a few other promising varieties as well as making pure seeds for next year.  

Sorry to have fallen behind on the updates everyone.
I was away for several weeks and busy in between lol
I will get pics up of my plants this evening.

Most are doing very well, though they just started to flower well. I did get 2 jobito pods from the one very stressed plant.

Pics tonight.

Mine is doing well, decent amount of pods, plant is very thick stemmed with huge leaves. Expect to see ripe pods some time in the next few weeks. 

I'm afraid I don't have that much to add at this point in time. 

My two Margariteños only recently started flowering, but I have yet to see one set. It's two plants in that one 18 litre pot. 

And the Jobito had some problems early on, it only just seems to have recovered, did see some buds in there, so maybe? 

I tried one of the Margariteno's tonight. It wasn't all the way ripe, but I couldn't wait any longer. It was the craziest pepper I've ever had. It had the smell and taste of a spicy pepper but it was only sweet. Couldn't wrap my head around it. It's super productive too so it makes great stuffing peppers for the kids. Really happy with those.

so there was major hype for these peppers for this season and lots of people got seeds...

Do they live up to the hype? How are they?

Back