• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Completely Random Comments

Hmmm.... "springbok".....

Are you talkin' antelope or rugby?

Wallaby vs. Springbok (antelope): No one wins. The springbok keeps jumping to avoid the wallaby, and they both just pass out from exhaustion.
Wallaby vs. Springbok (rugby): Wallaby. HOOOOYA!

Ok so why do papers ask Married, single, or divorced? Aren't the last two the same?????????
I mean do they need to know if you went through a possibly messy period in life???? Seriously what is the point??? I am happy now so does it matter??????

Had to vent. Sorry

Well, there are some legal ramifications of being divorced, but they're minimal - most forms that ask that just do because everyone else does, even if it doesn't mean anything for that specific application. I just always put "single" now... probably should have while I was married, too!

Ok so why do papers ask Married, single, or divorced? Aren't the last two the same?????????
I mean do they need to know if you went through a possibly messy period in life???? Seriously what is the point??? I am happy now so does it matter??????

Had to vent. Sorry

What do you mean by papers?
Say you are applying for a high pressure job. They want to know if you are just divorced so they know if you are more likely to "vent" and go crazy with a gun. They'd rather hire the single person who is more interested in building relationships.

Right now I'm separated, not yet divorced. My `technically still wife` has her status on facebook as `single`. Mine is `separated` because they don't have an option for "bitterly planning for deadbeat ex to have an `accident`".

....."The Bus will be on it's normal schedule. If you want to be picked up anywhere along the route on the road just jump up and down when you see the bus coming! Be safe and HAVE FUN!!"
A Facebook announcement I just got from my local Door County WI Shuttle Bus Service. You can't make this stuff up!

Thays funny Rooze!!! My county is going broke so they have eliminated numerous bus routes and stops. I like how it says to be safe.... I don't know about drivers in WI but here in WA we are easily distracted and probably would hit person jumping up and down or another vehicle. That was a good laugh. :D

Back