• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Concert's... Hell yeah!

Sickmont said:
I saw Killing Joke way back in '87 at the Jones Beach Theater. The music was awesome, but they were kind of, well, how to put this nicely or more correctly......well, i guess the best way to describe their stage presence would be "gay". Don't ask, you just had to be there.

I kinda noticed that too in some of their older Youtube videos. Have you seen the 25th anniversary concert? I got the dvd. Way better stage presence.

I saw Jaz do a few songs with Ministry, who were backed up by Skinny Puppy, at RPM nightclub in Toronto in late 80's I think. Partied with both bands afterwards as one of my best friends was a DJ at the club. Those guys went at it hardcore...still get the occasional nosebleed...lol...

last concert i went to was machine head... before that iron maiden... haven't been to any this year... us aussies miss out on a lot of tours...

Going to see Peaches in a couple weeks. Then will be playing a show or two myself since we finally finished that album.

Glad you're going to see ZZ , TB. Always a good show.

Rumors about their new album being produced by Rick Rubin. Hope it's a barnburner.

Speaking of barnburners, ya ever check out GRADY? I think you'd dig 'em. Awesome slide work. John Lee Hooker meets Motorhead meets Jason and the Scorchers... or something like that. Anyway, they f'n smoke.

mmmm just what come in mind at the moment:

Tom Waits at Milan last year for the european tour;
Pixies at the Heineken Festival of Imola on the reunion tour (also the some day The Cure, P.J. Harvey and other less important);
Butthole Surfers at Extragon (Bologna) a month a go;

And last but not least on 18th of July Ill go for sure to the Oblivians and Gories reunion a Marina di Ravenna beach!!!!!!

Vito

xgrafcorex said:
Megadeth
IMG_5927s.jpg

That's at the Bank Atlantic Center, right? I recognized it the second I saw the pic. I've only lived in the area less than a year, so I missed that show, but I'm there all the time since I work for the Panthers.

Yep, down there in Sunrise I think. I used to live up in Boca Raton myself, but moved out when I joined the Navy.

It was a good show, but I got there late because of a huge backup on 95. Luckily I got in for free, or I'd have been really pissed. They were handing out free tickets at another concert I went to in Ft. Lauderdale...think it was Krisiun at the Culture Room.

been a looong time since i was at a gig, hard to think what it was of the top of my head the only thing that springs to mind is Glastonbury fest '94

i'm sure i went to stuff after that but would need to check ticket stubs!!

xgrafcorex said:
Yep, down there in Sunrise I think. I used to live up in Boca Raton myself, but moved out when I joined the Navy.

It was a good show, but I got there late because of a huge backup on 95. Luckily I got in for free, or I'd have been really pissed. They were handing out free tickets at another concert I went to in Ft. Lauderdale...think it was Krisiun at the Culture Room.

Damn, not the Culture Room. I saw Buckethead there last October, about 1am we all walked out to find the parking lot there and across the street empty. This corrupt towing company cleaned out the place. I was at the impound until 6am with hundreds of angry people. Not a good night.

texas blues said:
Woohoo!! Heeellll Yeah!! Mrs. Blues just called to inform me she got us two tickets to see his badness hissef', Rev. Billy G and ZZ Top coheadlining with Aerosmith at the MGM Grand here in Vegas in July. Cheers, TB.

Awwwwww....I will be back in paradise by then. :(

My oldest daughter went to see Ozzy Osborne and Rob Zombie last year when they were playing in Toronto....she looked so out of place, she dresses from Abercrombie & Fitch, pretty funny.
The last concert i saw(years ago) was Supertramp on their Famous Last Words tour.....again in Toronto.....that was awsome!!!!!!

The last couple of shows I've seen are The Black Crows, Thomas Pettibone aka Tom Petty, Aerosmif and Mick Jagstone and the Rolling Bolders aka The Stones.

Kind of a Stones fan, haven't missed a tour since 1981. Seven of them total.

patrick said:
The last couple of shows I've seen are The Black Crows, Thomas Pettibone aka Tom Petty, Aerosmif and Mick Jagstone and the Rolling Bolders aka The Stones.

Kind of a Stones fan, haven't missed a tour since 1981. Seven of them total.

I'm listening the Crowes right now! Southern Harmony, baby! That's our band in this household. Aerosmith's digging deep into their cool catalog for this tour, also.

you gonna get some pics TB?

:thinking to self how lucky a bastid you are:

Back