• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Conch w/ White Wine and Butter Sauce & Conch Cakes

Here is tonights dinner.

The Conch with wine sauce will be eaten over Capellini pasta and fresh Parmesean Parmesean cheese.
Conch cakes are an appetizer :) . Still cooking, can post ingredients later if anyone is interested.

20120827_155156.jpg

20120827_180654.jpg

20120827_172113.jpg

I was hoping for those conch fritters sitting in a nice hot tub of lemon butter meuniere sauce with capers,

Zest of one lime and juice mixed with sour cream and mayo makes a very hot blue and righteous splooge for the conch frits too!

Your fans await more bahama eats! But please don't eat da bonefish. At least not untill I be catchin' hims.

Ok Im interested....Would love the recipe. I have some conch in the freezer right now lol.

Conch Cakes

1-1/2 lb fresh chopped or ground conch
1 box panko bread crumbs (8oz)
1 dried brain strain
1 small red bell pepper
1 stalk cellery
1 medium sweet onion
1/2 bunch green onion (green half)
2 fresh sprigs taragon
1/4 cup half and half
2 eggs
Salt and pepper to taste

Chop all vegitables together in a food processor (do not liquify). Then mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
Form into 3/4 inch thick patties and pan fry on med to high heat with half butter and half olive oil until golden brown on each side.

Conch Capellini

2 lbs fresh chopped or ground conch
1 pk fresh sweet basil
2 stalks fresh taragon
1 cup white wine
1 pk capri tomatoes (cut into quarters)
1 head of fresh garlic peeled
2 dried brain strain peppers
2 large shallots
1 stick of butter
2 table spoons of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste.

Chop all vegitables and only *half the pk of fresh basil* (except tomatoes) in food processor.
Then sautee in a large deep skillet using the butter and olive oil for about 5 minutes.
Then add the cup of wine and let the alcohol reduce then add the tomatoes.
Bring to a boil for 4-5 minutes and then turn off heat and then add remaining whole basil leaves.

Enjoy

Up here, conch is usually sold under its Italian name, scungilli. My wife makes it sometimes with red sauce. Both your recipes look great. I'm going to have to try to make the fritters.

Oh snap those sound awesome!

Why are the tips of my conch red, and yours are black?
(funny question, but I'm serious)

I love Conch, Conch ceviche is my favorite. Catch them, take a fishing line with a hook and hook their foot, hang them in a tree and let them pull out of their shell. Then take key limes with sliced thin onions, diced conch and your favorite chili and love is born!

Back