• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Confession Time

texas blues said:
I hope the "other hobby" doesn't include a knife, a roll of duct tape and an empty car trunk...

Cheers, tb.

Nah, its an old van with a "free candy" sign on the sides of it

Candy pretty lady???

Naw, nothing so dramatic. Brian and I are also into eight legged critters ie., tarantulas and scorpions. I imagine between the two of us we have several hundred of them. If you think peppers are an addictive hobby go get yourself a tarantula and connect with one of several forums on the net. You'll have 25+ in less than one year.

Here's a pic of one of my favorites:

IMG_4537cre.jpg

patrick said:
Candy pretty lady???

Naw, nothing so dramatic. Brian and I are also into eight legged critters ie., tarantulas and scorpions. I imagine between the two of us we have several hundred of them. If you think peppers are an addictive hobby go get yourself a tarantula and connect with one of several forums on the net. You'll have 25+ in less than one year.

Here's a pic of one of my favorites:

IMG_4537cre.jpg

While I know spiders role in nature. I'll admit I'm a wimp when it comes to spiders. Jump out of planes, sure......haul A@# on a bike.....definitely....., eat superhots........YES..........put a dinky house spider on me and I'm running around the room like a little girl!!:shocked::lol:
Also, Patrick be VERY careful. Peppers are the gateway drug. Before you know it you'll be looking for extracts and shooting it up.....LOL!!! Ok, maybe not shooting it up, but peppers sure do taste good and give you a mild euphoria when you really eat a hot one. Great stuff. Welcome to the Capaicin addictions..lol!

She is about 6 and a half inches long from tip of front leg to the tip of the opposite back leg. Her scientific name is Poecilotheria ornata. I got her two years ago and she was about an inch long then. Cost me $30. She gave me 126 babies last summer. Each one of them went for $30 too.:)

Great hobby and if anybody wants to know more about it please send me a PM. Be happy to share the love.

Sorry IGG.

rabbit said:
Hey, someone else on here that get's the heabies from them:lol::shocked:

This summer in Las Vegas, I killed about 40 black widows and countless recluse's around our house. The big dry ditch is loaded with them. Killem' all and let God sortem' out!

Cheers, TB.

patrick said:
Cost me $30. She gave me 126 babies last summer. Each one of them went for $30 too.:)

Great hobby and if anybody wants to know more about it please send me a PM. Be happy to share the love.

Holy shit man, that sounds more like a business than a hobby. Most people would PAY that much to get 126 spiders out of their house :lol:

Txclosetgrower said:
Holy shit man, that sounds more like a business than a hobby. Most people would PAY that much to get 126 spiders out of their house :lol:

I'm retired with a lot of time on my hands. Tarantulas and peppers have been a great way to spend it. Having a hobby that pays for itself and more is a very good thing.:)

I used to have a Grammostola gala about 15 years ago. Never really got into that hobby, snakes was my drug. Mainly cobras. Had about 40 of them at most - not counting the babies I raised and sold.

A good way of keeping friends from eating you icecream is to keep the freezer full of snake food. (Rodents...)

hehehe I am in the same hobby as Patrick only I keep around 5-600 scorpions as well as tarantulas and since I hear alot about a trinidad scorpion pepper here, let me show you the real thing
MVC-022S-2.jpg

MVC-027S-1.jpg

This happens to be one of my favorite tarantulas
MVC-033S-2.jpg

And this happens to be my rattle snake
MVC-010S-3.jpg

cool looking spiders, scorps, rattler.

I like snakes (had some constrictors in the past) but I dont know if I'd want poisons snakes in the house. even though they're really cool, I like rattlers but my favorite to get (if I had the balls/knowledge to own one of'em) is a spitting cobra (the black one with 2 red dots on the fan/head)
or a big moniter lizard :cool:

Look at all the cute little babies.

I don't mind snakes, kids have two boas, but I'm fairly certain you'll never catch me with a hot one in the house. Good looking critter though Brian.

Back on topic shall we.

I've been eating more foods with a little heat added since I started this thread. Eggs for breakfast has seen the most increase in the amount of pepper powder added. I've become attached to a blend of Hot Paper Lantern/Trinidad Congo/Red Savina powder mix especially. Good heat and man I just love the flavor.

Cooking breakfast for me and the kids yesterday I didn't put any powder on the eggs because of the kids. So we're all sitting down, got the eggs covered with Co-Jack cheese, sides of bacon, sausage, English muffins, grape and strawberry jams. We're going to eat man! I take my second bite of eggs and they're missing something. They taste bland and I'm really disappointed in them. Kids are chowing away. Suddenly dawns on me that I didn't put any of my powder mix on them. Well I fixed that right quick and those eggs went from a five to a 9.5 in about six taps from the pepper shaker.

The evolution has begun. I am on my way to becoming a chilihead.:lol:

Back