• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Confirm or Deny

Do these peppers:
IMG_1863.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1869.jpg

Appear to be what the names indicate, or do I have the wrong names on the, or possibly a new strain?

Best;
bluey

I'll join in on sayin sure for #1. Unfamiliar w/ #2. As for #3, aren't douglahs brown? Like the shape of the pods though. Good lookin pod.

chillilover said:
1st look like bhuts....no? I thought dorsets are smooth, shorter and not as knarly.:shocked:

I tend to agree with this statement.....I thought Dorests were smooth or at least not as "bumpy" as what's in the pic (my dorsets were smooth). And Dorests aren't as long. My call is that #1 is Bhuts/Bih's or really good Morich's.

#2 I can't comment on

#3 is most certainly not a Douglah although it does have the same general shape of the Douglah. Maybe a cross?

CHRIS,
The TD's were from that woman that is supposed to be from trinidad. Other than color, do they look similar? Also, the HG's are a "short pod" version. I have others that look almost identical to your HG's.

Best;
bluey

FYI, that Douglah has a spin-off red strain. I've seen it before. Actually, I sent a friend of mine a few seeds when it first was introduced and he grew a crapload of them. Wouldn't you know it ripened red, but pod shape/exterior was consistent with the real Douglah.

Obviously Trinidad Douglah is some sort of cross to begin with so I'm sure the genetics can revert at times. Either way, it's one of the coolest varieties I've ever grown.

On second glance, I agree with above posters that pic 1 resembles a Bhut more than any Dorset Naga. Dorsets are shorter, less 'bumpy' and have a tiny point on the end of most pods. I grew pods direct from the breeder seeds so I'm pretty sure I'm describing them as they should be. I wouldn't mind if you could save me a few seeds from the pods in pic 1. They're nice looking and a but different than other strains of Bih/Bhuts I've grown (thinner, but retain the high rough surface).

Where do we hire these 'growers'? lol. I could use about 50 of them and send me back my bounty at year end. lol.

She is not 'supposedly from Trinidad.' She IS from Trinidad Bluelytes. Her mailing address has T&T on it. :)

Dorsets are grown from Naga Morichs and they are smaller and less crinkly than the peppers in the 1st pic.

http://www.thechileman.org/results.php?chile=1&find=naga+morich&heat=Any&origin=Any&genus=Any&submit=Search

I would say that you have Bhut Jolokias there.

http://www.thechileman.org/results.php?find=bhut+jolokia&heat=Any&origin=Any&genus=Any&chile=1&submit=Search
P1070409.jpg

As for the Haitian Goat, here's a pic from another thread:

P1080437.jpg

What do you think?

Finally, I was also under the impression that Douglahs had to be brown:

P1070357.jpg

PHIL,
I know, as I posted befo, I have the same kind of pods as CHRIS re: HG, but as I listed, these are a pod varient, "short pod".

Best;
bluey

The Douglahs are a reddish brown color - i think the pics been washed out a bit but they're the right size & shape (all odd) - You'll know by the taste & burn ~ nothing quite like them

Back