• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Confused Plant

Hey all.
I have a plant which is supposed to be a naga. I grew it from seed from last seasons plant. Now half this plant is naga & the other is some variety I have never seen before. I planted it in the box from a seeding & i have never grown chillis in the box before. I have never even seen the type before.

Are you sure it is one plant and not two? By the flowers, one is a pepper plant, the other is some kind of Nightshade family plant (relative of pepper though).

Do not consume any part of the non-pepper plant, as it contains toxic compounds.

I think you got your seeds mixed up, or an extra seed in the pot. I am fairly certain that peppers do not cross-pollinate with any other species of Solanum.

More

Thanks for that, It seriously looks like one plant at the base but I'll chop it out right now.
Thanks again for your reply.

Yeah thats SOO nightshade, come to think of it, if you could cross a pepper and a tomato, I bet it would look something like that!

Back