• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Confused

I planted several varieties and did a poor job of managing labels so I did lose track if certain plants.  However, once fruit started to show, I was able to figure most of it out and match it back to the seed pack.

These two, however are confusing.  I've narrowed it down to hot lemons, pepperoncini and habaneros that were planted in this vicinity.  I think the smooth surface pods are pepperoncini but the colors don't match the seed pack.  They should go green to yellow.

The other wrinkled ones are a puzzle.  Both in color and shape.  It matches neither description on the seed packs and the green to red ripening is also strange.  I thought is might have been habanero cross pollination but the whole plant is producing pods like these.

Any help is appreciated.

Hebron-20130817-00233.jpg
Hebron-20130817-00234.jpg

OK...I would probably agree with the first pic (except for the fact that I didn't expect the color).  I just thought the external appearance of the two types were so different.  The second pic just look like a totally different pepper.  Guess I'll find out.  :)

The second pic look like pepperoncinis, or at least a cross that retained some pepperoncini traits.

The first pic look neither like hot lemons, pepperoncini or habaneros <--- none of these types are annuums, and the pods in your first pic look annuum to me.

Back