• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

congratulations AJ

Congratulations! I don't think you'll be twiddling your thumbs AJ! Freedom to dedicate your time into doing what you want, bliss! Go for it!

thanks all...it was a pretty good day yesterday...actually all week was...they had a "roast" for me on Wednesday and gave me a bunch of momentos from all the different aircraft programs I have worked over the years and there were probably 100 people there, then Thursday, they took me to lunch and probably had over 60 at that event...last night, we had a gig that the band decided to make my retirement party...everything was very nice...

truthfully, it has not hit me yet that I don't have to go to the plant any more and it is really bittersweet...I won't miss the work I have done for years, but I definitely will miss the people I worked with...best bunch of engineers ever...

yup...time for a defcon bloody mary then going to Central Market here in Fort Worth for their "Hatch Chili" festival today...

not going to make it to Austin this weekend for the festival...

have a great day all...

AlabamaJack said:
thanks all...it was a pretty good day yesterday...actually all week was...they had a "roast" for me on Wednesday and gave me a bunch of momentos from all the different aircraft programs I have worked over the years and there were probably 100 people there, then Thursday, they took me to lunch and probably had over 60 at that event...last night, we had a gig that the band decided to make my retirement party...everything was very nice...

truthfully, it has not hit me yet that I don't have to go to the plant any more and it is really bittersweet...I won't miss the work I have done for years, but I definitely will miss the people I worked with...best bunch of engineers ever...

yup...time for a defcon bloody mary then going to Central Market here in Fort Worth for their "Hatch Chili" festival today...

not going to make it to Austin this weekend for the festival...

have a great day all...

Just for shits and giggles, you should show up to work on Monday and see what they do :lol:

Congratulations on your retirement AJ. Here's to more time to do what you wish all day...more peppers lol. You didn't retire just traded one kind of work for something different.

AJ sorry i'm late, congrats to you on your retirement. enjoy the time doing whatever you feel like doing, have a feeling chiles might have a big part in it :hell:

imaguitargod said:
Just for shits and giggles, you should show up to work on Monday and see what they do :lol:

I got a laugh from this!! :lol:

pepperfever said:
You didn't retire just traded one kind of work for something different.

thats what my parents say, they say they're just as busy after retirement, just doing something different.

imaguitargod said:

I did that the Monday after my work laid me off. They didn't shit or giggle! They called security guards.

But AJ congrats on making your years of hard work pay off to where you were able to retire before the age of 80!

thanks again all...I don't think keeping busy is going to be an issue...I am pretty much scheduled up until the end of September already...got a couple of trips planned for the month...will be headed to Luckenbach this coming Thursday (3 Sept), playing a gig on the 4th at Silver Creek Saloon on main street in Fredericksburg and playing in the Luckenbach Dancehall the night of the 5th...staying until Monday morning (7 Sept) then back to Fort Worth for a gig Monday Night in Pantego...we are having new flooring put in on the 9-11th (Zest Fest Week) then Zest fest the 11th and 12th...playing a gig the night of the 12th at the White Elephant Saloon, then leaving on Wednesday the 16th going to a music festival in east Texas, "Pickin' in The Pines" and returning on the 21st.....

gonna be a busy month...

Back