• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

soil contaminated soil?

some of my plants have bac spot.. ive been treating with several things. some have been cured, some still have it, but a few were just lost causes... so my wife and i donned our monks robes, and chanted while "la fortuna" played in the background and we put those lost little plants to the torch..

ok not really, lol i just burned em.

my question is this.

can i re- use the soil they came from? and if i can use it, how long should i wait before its safe?

thanks cayenne, yes ive had the best success with the aact.. how ever the plants that died left behind 4 five gal. buckets of soil. can I use that soil?

I would spread it out and let the sun do it's thing (sterilize the soil)....then you can reuse it next year...I would not use it again this year unless you do some heavy duty treatment of it...

are you sure it was bacterial spot? meaning did you take a sample to your ag extension agent and let them look at it? Doesn't the U of F have an ag office there in Orlando?

im 99% sure.. i posted pics here, and researched all over the interwebs... out of 20 plants that had it, i lost 4 and the rest seem to be fairing quite well.. a few more treatments should take care of it.. the 4 i lost i just got tired of treating, as they were still only seedlings while the others seem to full blown plants now, so i just up rooted them and hit them with a blow torch...

im 99% sure.. i posted pics here, and researched all over the interwebs... out of 20 plants that had it, i lost 4 and the rest seem to be fairing quite well.. a few more treatments should take care of it.. the 4 i lost i just got tired of treating, as they were still only seedlings while the others seem to full blown plants now, so i just up rooted them and hit them with a blow torch...

me too, brother, i just pulled the NuMex's I'd been "sustaining" w/ liquid copper ... just not worth it ...

me too, brother, i just pulled the NuMex's I'd been "sustaining" w/ liquid copper ... just not worth it ...

grant how is your fight going with the aact? mine seems to be petty good.. though im still dealing with aphids so my treatments are two fold.. one side is the aact every 5 days, and bonide orchard spray 5 days later, then more aact with in a couple days of that, and more bonide 5 days after that.. its seems to be working.. plants are happy and the ones that had it are growing, and the leaves are starting to form up normal with no discoloration

how are you doing the AACT? ... fish heads or ? ... are you doing it outside? ... having trouble w/ bugs or anything?

I actually have an aquarium bubbler and tupperware etc ... guess I would need some guano or something ... mind sharing?

grant check the last post in the aact stickey. i just posted it.. shows my ingredient list and my questions about it.. have made 3 apps, and while my bac spot is fading away, im not sure im doing it right still because i dont get the big foam

Back