• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Contest time again. Congrats Doomsdaykillz

How many plants are you growing?
How many plants are you growing?
I started with about 30 or 40 Douglahs from seeds from the same pod/s. I used them as experiments. Started later, earlier, pot sizes, different soils combos, harding off trials, sun exposure, pottting up at different times, foliar vs root feeding. You get the drift. It was my idea of accelerating my learning curve. I had a few to burn so I thought it was a good idea.

not really - pick-a-number contests are always hard to gague. Same with guess the number of pods. Just far too easy for the host to hand-pick the winner.

I'm not saying you're not honest or that your contests aren't on the up & up - just that there's no way to do it on the level in general for this type of give-a-way online.

I guess the only suggestion I have is to get a THP mod involved, and PM them the number in advance of the contest. It's not foolproof, but it dramatically lowers the odds since it's unlikely that a THP admin will collude with you.

Otherwise you can take a time-stamped photograph of the number written down, and post it to flikr, and then after the contest post the link to the pic.

Only ways I can think of to do a "pick-a-number" or "guess the # of peppers" without raising people's suspicion.

Again - I am 100% NOT saying there's anything untoward about your contests - I don't know, nor would I accuse. You seem like a good dude, and it's very generous of you to give away the peppers like this. But at some point you might get someone acting like a jerk about it - it's happened before at THP with other people's contests.

:cheers:

Thanks. I thought about a time stamp before,but the pm to a THP mod sounds pretty foolproof. I met a nice guy though here that lives near by. He does not play because I will give him whatever he wants. If someone rigged it, why would they not just send the person the peppers without doing a contest? I have never joined any forum/facebook/etc......so the ins and outs of this are new to me.Thanks for the imput since you have most likely seen it before.

Back