• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Cool Air

The morning low dropped to 38 F this morning....my plants are drooping, tops are hanging....the sun is on them now and the temp is up to 58 F....but they look pitiful...no frost damage, but this wilted look has me worried...will they recover?

Thanks in advance.

Shane

Yep, in the northern mountains of Georgia it will sometimes hit the 30's til around mid may....even later sometimes, but that's more rare. I hope by this afternoon these plants have shown some signs of perking up.

You got that right! It was 86 for a high day before yesterday, been to 88 already this spring, and that was in April...unreal heat for April here in the mountains. Other than worrying about my plants, I am quit enjoying this cool snap we are currently having...put the Jeep top down Friday afternoon and have yet to put it back up....gonna be a chilly (no pun intended) ride to work in the morning though lol.

Yes on the wind...I spent most of yesterday protecting the young...lol. It was only gusting into the low 30's here (in the woods), but it really whipped around the plants that have not been potted or planted yet.....they are ok, but it was rough on them. Ive gotten about 21 potted up, but had to wait for the tiller to get fixed before I could plant the rest in the garden...its fixed now so this week I will be getting the garden tilled and planted...:-))

Thanks! We are expected to be a little warmer tonight than last night, forecast is for 46, sitting on 59 right now. Laters!

Back