• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Cool Fairway finds Ancient Sweets and unknown yellow

Found this at my local supermarket.

Any idea what these yellow guys are? Tastes like a yellow bell pepper but with the heat of a hot jalapeno.

The red ones are called Ancient Sweets, very very sweet, very big as well. First time i've seen these. This is what i found about them.
--------------------------------------------------------
Ancient Sweets is a greenhouse line of sweet long peppers from Mastronardi Produce Ltd., Kingsville, Ontario. The peppers have a brix level about 1.5 points above that of a regular sweet red pepper.

"It’s the Campari of the pepper category," says vice president Paul Mastronardi. The company tested the product last year, and full commercial production will begin the last week of April. Mastronardi would not disclose the crop’s acreage except to say it is 20 times greater than the test crop.

The suggested retail price on the 8-ounce package is $2.99, and the 1.5-pound package is $5.99.

The 6- to 8-inch long Ancient Sweets are a reflection of the company’s mission to always look for the next big product, Mastronardi says, and this fits with the company’s two-step marketing philosophy. One, you must be able to lead the customer to the product. Two, the product’s flavor will keep them coming back for more, he says.
-----------------------------------------------------------
wrappedsweetyellow.JPG

ancientsweetyellow.JPG

ancientsweetcut.JPG

yellowcut.JPG

Back