• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Corn Bread and Peppers

Made some poppers for a wild life cookout the other night at a friends.... he loves poppers, but he knows I grow some crazy hot ones, and I'm the only one who likes hot. So we made the usual poppers, but I took a few of the small sweet peppers from the store, and cut them in half like the poppers. Had a lil cornbread batter left over, so She scooped a lil in them and baked with the others. They came out great... the corn bread puffed up, and kinda made the missing half of the pepper. It was kinda funny as everyone was hesitant at the least to try the yellow ones, thinkin they were hot, and were afraid to try, but they were cooler than the jal poppers.
010-2.jpg

Give um a try, I am thinkin a larger pepper, not sure which yet... maybe put a lil smokie in it.

I do love cornbread! I made cornbread infused with tepin flakes last season and it was spectacular!!! Never thought of using it for popper stuffing. Will have to give it a go.

Oh my god! :eek: that is a great idea! I am going to do this with some poblanos or big jims with some bacon in the batter! Kudos to ya for the idea!

Back