• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

media Cost of Peat Moss

Now, I'm no expert, but does this seem a bit expensive to anybody else?

20150418_123505.jpg

As someone who actually grows peat, I can say that if the business isn't the largest, it definitely isn't overpriced because of how slowly it grows.

That is way too much!!!where is this place with that price?I think you should try and a place that caters to gardeners and Landscapers.I don't think the big box stores charge that much.Additionally I only use Canadian peat moss as opposed to regular sphagnum peat moss.

that is about $10 over priced, did you get a brand? if it is canadian it should be even cheaper based on the canadian vs us dollar exchange rate.

Maybe it's ORGANICALLY GROWN, or something?  ;)

The local Big Box has 3 CF compressed bales for $10 and change. 

$10 / CF for any media is silly. 

jcw10tc said:
I get 2.2 cu ft for 7.99, sometimes on sale for 5.99.

$5.99?  Wow.  Where's that?

I've scored some 3cf torn bags for $5, but those are few and far between.

Geonerd said:
Maybe it's ORGANICALLY GROWN, or something?  ;)

The local Big Box has 3 CF compressed bales for $10 and change. 

$10 / CF for any media is silly. 

$5.99?  Wow.  Where's that?

I've scored some 3cf torn bags for $5, but those are few and far between.
Menards.  Not sure if you have them in AZ.  Its a big hardware store in the midwest like lowes or home depot, only their prices tend to be better with great sales.  I got all of mine 6 bales last year for 5.99.  This year haven't seen that price yet.  I got some a few weeks back for 6.99 but normal everyday prices is 7.99.

millworkman said:
I get my 3.8 for 9.99 at lowes
Wow, never saw it that cheap there before, I will check it out.  Looks like the lowes nearest me has it for 11.98, still a great price.

$7.97 for Premier 2 cu/ft at  Menards. Fafard 3 cu/ft $10.47 at Lowes.  Premier 3 cu/ft $10.47 at Home Depot. All stocked locally.

jcw10tc said:
Menards.  Not sure if you have them in AZ.  Its a big hardware store in the midwest like lowes or home depot, only their prices tend to be better with great sales.  I got all of mine 6 bales last year for 5.99.  This year haven't seen that price yet.  I got some a few weeks back for 6.99 but normal everyday prices is 7.99.

The closest Menards is in Garden City....
....Kansas.

:rolleyes:

Back