craft beer

Wow is this thread a blast from the past. You revived it from when I first joined. Joe, go to Fegley's Brew Works in Bethlehem sometime. They have some good beers.

Heady Topper, Double Sunshine, Edward, and Fiddlehead. Four IPAs that you have to have before you die.

Sadly I have never seen or heard of any of these. Where are they from?

thanks Jay t strangely enough i never heard of it
gonna have to go its not far from me

has anyone tried Leinenkugels Sunset Wheat?? i have a friend who brews his own and says its great and from what he knows of my love for Belgian and Belgian style doubles and triple this one is sure to please me, is it any good, i remember how good the Red Lager was in the mid 90"s drank it on the boardwalk at Seaside Height NJ

also i just tried RUCKUS EUPHORIA just one thing to say about it :woohoo: its wonderful!!, if you never had it try it

i know i said this before but i can wait for them to get settled into the Neuwieler Brewer in Allentown PA!!!

im really enjoying this stuff!! and also am breaking down a few misconception around me that people who drink beer are a bunch of lushes well im not and they see it!! there is a sophistication about it that some fail to see ;)
its quite an adventure and i thank all for there knowledge as i said i was out of the loop for quite awhile now

thanks your friend Joe

Yeah, but I'm talking about being in a bar where the only choices are Bud, Coors Light and PBR. I'll take the PBR over those. Or if I'm lucky, a Mickey's Bigmouth!

Or better yet...when I'm in my home state, a Lone Star or a Pearl.

Hell, I wasn't always a beer snob.

There's even times when I enjoy a Bud. Like when it's 100+ degrees outside and you need a thirst-quencher...and there's no other beer around...in that case I'll have a budweiser, thank you very much.....what? ..."that will be five dollars"........
fire.gif
Im glade I live on the East Coast, we have Yuengling lager and is usually on tap at any bar around these parts. A good light beer for my taste.

As far as Craft Brew, I like my hombrew the best. Its just more Alive, more fresh if thats a good way to put it.

Not braggin but one night I kicked my keg at about 11pm and had to start on some Bass Ale which is good brew IMO but it just aint the same...

i just got the word about Ruckus and the Building here in Allentown, i may take up to 3 years to complete before there open for biz

guess we will just have to wait and im sure it will be worth it, till then we still can get there product almost anywhere

thanks your friend Joe

stil new to this whole CRAFT BREW/BEER SNOB "THINGIE" so im not sure if this one would be considered a craft brew because its a "Buddumber" product

but im sipping on a SHOCK TOP "END of the WORLD Midnight Wheat" and its good i would say but not much beyond that , its a cross between a Stout and a a Belgian wheat beer, its got a Guinness stout (regular) forward flavor that subside quickly but its there
the whole thing kinda disappears flavor-wise and then nothing, its good when you take a sip but its gone to quickly
has a slight Belgian Wheat undertone but not enough
it says it has wheat,chocolate malt and chili as well as spice
could not taste any Chili at all dont know why they even bothered

thought it would be more

its just ok

thanks your friend Joe

Holy damn. So I used to be so non-accepting to sour beers. Just didn't think it was my thing. Then last night I tried Rodenbach Grand Cru for the first time. All I can say is GIMME... I'm hooked.

Holy damn. So I used to be so non-accepting to sour beers. Just didn't think it was my thing. Then last night I tried Rodenbach Grand Cru for the first time. All I can say is GIMME... I'm hooked.

see

what did I tell you

I told you sours were amazing

got a bottle of Cantillon Geuze sitting in the office right now, might have to crack that open sometime this week

For real. I spent a lot of time not drinking sours.

After I had the Rodenbach I wanted to try more and bought a bottle of Geuze Mariage Parfait... Its a completely different beast than the flanders red style, but damn I really enjoyed that one as well. So now I got sours on the mind, and will be seekin em out.

That was the first sour beer I ever had some years ago when I worked at a beer bar. Its what set forth my discern for sours... But ever since starting brewing my own, I have a whole new mouth, and appreciation for beer. I'll definitely pick up a bottle of it one of these days to have a re-visit.

It works the other way around too, I used to think certain beers were thee shiit, and now not so much.

That was the first sour beer I ever had some years ago when I worked at a beer bar. Its what set forth my discern for sours... But ever since starting brewing my own, I have a whole new mouth, and appreciation for beer. I'll definitely pick up a bottle of it one of these days to have a re-visit.

It works the other way around too, I used to think certain beers were thee shiit, and now not so much.

It's funny how our taste will change as we get older. My Parents are die hard Scotch lovers. Dad, liked his neat and Mom, on the rocks. I tried some with them when I was younger and thought how can they drink this. Now I love all types of Whiskey. Especially when I have a nice 50, 52 ring gage Dominican or Havana
CigarSmile_zps4d75e74f.gif

:cool:

Back