craft beer

In the UK we have access to very good ales & bitters we struggle with a decent lager like the US we're bombarded with very poor quality commercial lagers.

I do like a good cold lager in summer BUT I can't find one so end up drinking ales.

My fave at the moment is Woodfordes Wherry which you can get in brew kit form or on tap (Occasionally) the brew kit is very very good but it is made by the brewers themselves.

Got my Camra (Campaign for real ales) membership round here somewhere

The local pub has a variety of German beers on tap so last night I was in the mood for Oktoberfest so I tried a couple of different beers and I wasn't disappointed. I couldn't really tell you the name of the breweries because I could barely pronounce the names when I was ordering.

I am a big fan of German beers, although some of the best I've ever had came from Austria and Belgium. I believe in my opinion, Europe has the best true beer in the world. The US has had sort of a renaissance in beer making recently, as many styles flavors and types of quality beers have been born, so we now have some serious competition. I have had great beer from almost every corner of the globe though. I do enjoy quality beers from South America, Russia, UK and other places that do not come to mind at the moment as well. I have yet to find a really good beer from Asia(except Russia) though sorry to say. I have had several types from India, China and Singapore and a couple other countries over there, but I have been unimpressed so far, as most just taste like a slightly better version of the mainsteam crap in the US. I would love someone to point me to a really good one from this region, as I am sure they exist.

I can almost always know the quality when I first smell it. A good quality beer of most types have a certain fragrance that is always present. You could blindfold me and just allow me to smell the beer, and I can distinguish between the good and the bad probably 9 out of 10 times.

Having said that, I have recently cut back quite a bit. I now enjoy the flavor more, instead of getting drunk off it. Sure, I will have a couple and feel it a bit every now and then, but its no longer a habit for me personally. For me its an experience where you enjoy with friends or family, and you have good conversations and good food to go with it. In moderation beer enhances experiences imo. Before, it was more about what it did to me than the experience that surrounds it. I'm not judging anyone though, to each their own. I just don't want any addictions at all. Been there, done that and so its not the life for me. I will always love a good quality beer though.

Can you guess what my favorite types of adult beverages are?

smuttynoseporter_zpsa5f09aad.jpg
darktruthstout_zps37808637.jpg
fortcollinschocolatestout_zps6cef7a13.jpg
fuelcafecoffeestout_zps147a0588.jpg
blackmochastout_zpsae6631d2.jpg
oldrasputinrussianimperialstout_zps112d0b75.jpg
lefthandmilkstoutnitro_zps924b3578.jpg
poetoatmealstout_zps1ec82d79.jpg
thunderstruckcoffeeporter_zps54381644.jpg

These were just recently purchased:

stouts_zps3cd17308.jpg

My current absolute favorite has to be Founders Breakfast Stout:

foundersbreakfaststout_zps39336773.jpg

And don't forget that a most welcome addition to any beer is some good ol'
tater chips!

b2cfe207-0d84-4599-89ec-e6040b813ef9_zpsd1598a4a.jpg

Speaking of stouts I just had a pint of Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout last night. It's touted as an "Organic" beer suitable for vegetarians but I honesty don't think the majority of beer lovers are going to care that it's a vegan friendly beer.
24889_1.jpg

Look for Founders "Backwoods Bastard" not the same as the Angry Bastard

My current absolute favorite has to be Founders Breakfast Stout:

foundersbreakfaststout_zps39336773.jpg

Thats good stuff ^ ^ ^ ,I have 3 bottles hanging around here along with a few of the Stones Selfrighteous*
Slammin Founders Backwoods while the chili finish's . . . . .

To much of a pain in the ass to post pics here or I would

I participate in a mt biking game called "Find The Beer".
A beer is hidden in a trail network by the person who found the last beer. Clues are usually just a couple of pictures and the trail network name.
Heres my find...

This years BC isnt as good as last years past(plural)
Gaining "over hyped" status pretty much every year

Been hunting that RF Chipotle for a test drive

TNKS said:
This years BC isnt as good as last years past(plural)
Gaining "over hyped" status pretty much every year

Been hunting that RF Chipotle for a test drive
That was the last RF and was sold out at 2 other spots....

Yeah the BC hype is very true, think I still have one from last year and the local guy always puts one aside for me so I cannot complain. 

Curious about the rum barrel aged pumking 

as with all punkin brews its about the spices and not the punkin
The rum bucket might just add to . . . . . . . but likely not much
Still likely just another fruit brew LOL :rofl:

Bought a 6 of Harpoon IPA today for giggles,had it awhile back so what the hell.
Not to bad,just slightly "bready" on the finish but decent for $8.00 New England

Back