craft beer

Proud Marine Dad said:
Drinking this one right now. I have never tried Mission Brewery of San Diego's beers before.
This one is OK but has a bit too much of an alcohol taste for me. It's 9.25% ABV.

Agreed. it's alcohol for the sake of being a 'big' beer. not enough attention to balance, it's shock value to try keep up with the big players in the neighbourhood. sadly doesn't hit the mark imho

georgej said:
Agreed. it's alcohol for the sake of being a 'big' beer. not enough attention to balance, it's shock value to try keep up with the big players in the neighbourhood. sadly doesn't hit the mark imho
We are in complete agreement my friend. Stone's Double Bastard is 11% ABV and much more complex and no real alcohol taste like this one.
I don't care for beers that leave an after taste as though you opened a bottle of isopropyl rubbing alcohol.

Tonight's line up, oldies but goodies...2011 stock.

73176_10201191087883662_1040668002_n.jpg

Looking good Chris! :cheers:

These are the three I bought for this weekend and I am trying the middle one, the Mission IPA 6.8% ABV right now.
I like it better than the Shipwrecked Double IPA on the right that I had last night.
I am saving the Stone Porter with Vanilla Bean for tomorrow night.

georgej said:
This. One of my favourite

I see the label got uglier but if the beer's the same I'm okay with it. :P
Proud Marine Dad said:
Looking good Chris! :cheers:

These are the three I bought for this weekend and I am trying the middle one, the Mission IPA 6.8% ABV right now.
I like it better than the Shipwrecked Double IPA on the right that I had last night.
I am saving the Stone Porter with Vanilla Bean for tomorrow night.

I really like the Stone Smoked Porter w/Vanilla Bean, but unlike some here I enjoy it without the vanilla as well.  Last  year we were buying 12oz bottles of it.  Probably had 18-20 all together. 
JoynersHotPeppers said:
Tonight's line up, oldies but goodies...2011 stock.

:censored:

Tried these recently.  The La Cumbre was pretty tasty.  Coffee, bitter chocolate, roasty malts... a pretty serious brew.  La Cumbre is a local brewery and bottles some world class beer imho. The ODell's was kinda "meh", floral/fruity upfront but too bitter in the finish for me.  I was a few beers into the evening and kind of spilled the ODell's into the glass... it isn't overcarbonated and it was my fault for the ridiculous head on it.

IMG_20140201_162824_12azt5m25p.jpg

IMG_20140201_170350_r7da9u7mkc.jpg

:cheers:

Two new (to me) beers tried last weekend.   Another La Cumbre which was pretty tasty followed by a Deschutes IPA which was also pretty good but I preferred the previous "Chasin' Freshies" series better. 

IMG_20140208_190243_3zev92jevy.jpg

IMG_20140208_195902_qqbckhjg6r.jpg

gratz wheeble wooble.  its good to see you on top of your game.

can we get a little detail about the brew?

and what was the other dudes roll in the beer?

other dude is my assistant brewer here

belgian pale ale 5.5% ABV silver medal in the American Belgo Style Ale category

Back