vendor Crazy Hot Seeds

https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/

logo.png

This should be interesting, as I bought three Reaper and 3x "Chocolate Bhutlah" plants from this vendor the other night, having clicked through AJDrew's website ...

They had a (727) area code for a phone number, and the pictures on their Facebook page seemed "nice" ...

Basically they have to be St. Pete/Clearwater, FL or so, so they can't be too far away ...

The site says they are certified by the state ...
https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/us/

The return policy is acceptable ...
https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/return-policy/

Their policies seem appropriate ...
https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/privacy-policy/

I don't think I'm aware of them as being a THP member, but it looks like there's some drama elsewhere on the net, where they might not be selling legit chocolate bhutlah - we'll see about that soon enough, I guess.

I'm starting some seeds myself, anyways, but I was happy to pick up a couple of plugs to have fresh pods sooner than later since I haven't been able to source any yet, still ...

I bought their Top 10 seed bundle w/ the half-dozen plants, because I only had the TS and Reaper seeds from that list already, so it'll be interesting to see how this one pans out ...

adrew and Crazy Hot Seeds,it was obvious that adrew was defending Crazy Hot Seeds, i have seen the good reviews , if i offended or wronged someone I'm sorry, A seller should upload his own photos to gain more trust,even if he used someone else photos and the seeds grow true then there is no problem here(he still must take permission to use them though). its just a piece of advice so the seller gains more trust.

To be fair to Crazy Hot Seeds here are some examples of photos that i found to be his.
for example:i checked Chocolate bhutlah pictures found nothing. only Crazy Hot Seeds have these photos so i have to say their his. :)
also checked Carolina reaper and found nothing so their his but you should watermark them more properly so no one put them on ebay.
so in conclusion many of his pictures are his, but for me to be fully trusted he should change the rest of photos to his own.

To make this clear:Crazy hot seeds seems to me to be a good respectable vendor, something bothered me but it should not cause an issue since people around here say the seeds do grow true.
BTW i wouldn't trash a good seller, i have a deep respect for people working in agriculture to me its one of the best jobs(better than a doctor), keep up the good work!

alkhall said:
@grantmichaels,

So, which pod is that, the Bhutlah?

Speaking of which, I have four of CrazyHotSeeds Chocolate Bhutlah plants.

Three have pods:

IMG_20150717_164032409.jpg

IMG_20150717_164017092.jpg

IMG_20150717_164010337.jpg

Yeah, still green, but getting bigger.

I will, as promised, review when ripe.

Yeah ... whatever they are, they're gnarly-ish ...

I pulled #1 this morning, and will make some chili using it this week, I think ...

@mohamad3333 I don't think watermarking is going to stop ebay sellers. The only way would be to put a large watermark over the entire image that covers the pepper and that is not what I am going for with our website. It looks tacky. I want to show the pepper in all of its detail.

@alkhall and @grantmichaels I agree, both of those look thinner than mine and more like a regular chocolate bhut. I haven't had pods that thin since a couple generations ago. genetics is tricky...

Here are some pics of what our chocolate bhutlahs look like.

This is actually two hydroponic chocolate bhutlah plants right next to each other. I hand pollinate from one plant to the other to include at least a little bit of genetic variation. I didn't want to keep self pollinating for too many generations. From top of bucket, they are 6.5' tall and each about 8' wide.

1.5-2" trunk

Bumper, thank you sincerely.  Initial seed stock came from UK with a claim that I neither buy or buy into.  I love growing new things, so am all the time experimenting with new seed stock just to see.  They do seem to be much larger than photos elsewhere and they have not stopped growing.  Once some start to finish and turn brown, I will measure the things.

Crazy Hot Seeds said:
@mohamad3333 I don't think watermarking is going to stop ebay sellers. The only way would be to put a large watermark over the entire image that covers the pepper and that is not what I am going for with our website. It looks tacky. I want to show the pepper in all of its detail.

@alkhall and @grantmichaels I agree, both of those look thinner than mine and more like a regular chocolate bhut. I haven't had pods that thin since a couple generations ago. genetics is tricky...

Here are some pics of what our chocolate bhutlahs look like.

This is actually two hydroponic chocolate bhutlah plants right next to each other. I hand pollinate from one plant to the other to include at least a little bit of genetic variation. I didn't want to keep self pollinating for too many generations. From top of bucket, they are 6.5' tall and each about 8' wide.

1.5-2" trunk

thats exactly what my chocolate bhutlahs look like .  well ( JUDY'S )       :onfire:
ajdrew said:
Crazy Hot, guy I said I mentioned it once before this.  You corrected me by saying I mentioned it twice.  OK then, I mentioned it twice and once was in defense saying someone else could have done it.  I am just about sucking your dick and telling people it tastes like candy.  Please dont be all grumpity

sucking what ?  ew !    Grumpity ?      :rofl:

Buddies and I at work had nothing new and interesting going on in the superhot family. Why not try the infamous Chocolate Bhutlah, right? So I talked them into splitting an order of seeds from Crazy Hot Seeds. It would appear that the consensus here (including Steven McLaurin himself) is that people were shipped counterfeit seeds in 2015.

Weren't Chocolate Bhutlah in circulation in 2015 and wouldn't it be conceivable that Crazy Hot Seeds got their hands on legitimate seeds by now? They've been good to me so far and I hate to tarnish anybody's record if they're doing right by me.

Now that's it's 2016, I'm wondering if there's any updates regarding the reputation of Crazy Hot Seeds. If there's a reasonable chance that I've been taken for the proverbial "ride", we'll plant something else. We've all had plants turn out to be not what we were counting on and the feeling stinks because you don't find out until it's too late in the season :(

Would anybody be able to recommend an alternative; either another source of Bhutlah seeds or another pepper all-together that meets our superhot needs? It doesn't look like Pepperlover.com is carrying them. We're already good on Reapers and TS Morugas. I'm also willing to give Crazy Hot Seeds the benefit of the doubt if anybody's had since had positive results.

Back