• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

lighting Cree COB 3590 lights

AvidLiving said:
I would love to see the comparison! Can you post the link of what you ordered?

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

They cant be compared anymore, because the 180w cob led spider should be several times better than my 100w one... :rofl:

Like that in the picture, but mine is unique custom made white one for the special growing shop:

Full-Spectrum-Horticulture-Spider-180W-COB-LED-Grow-Light-for-Indoor-Plant-Greenhouse-Growing.jpg_640x640.jpg

It is very powerful, but it only takes about 90w to run. The cost was only few hundred euros and 3 year warranty, so why not.. :onfire:

Link to the same model for more info:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Free-Shipping-Full-Spectrum-Horticulture-Spider-180W-COB-LED-Grow-Light-for-Indoor-Plant-Greenhouse-Growing/1802025_32373929311.html

I think even one of those 180w cob led spider ones would be enough in a medium size growroom. There is also smaller 90w cob led spider one available.

I think tomorrow evening is the day we will see how much light that 180w gob led spider can output, as they are growing pretty good even with the 100w second generation led growing light.

6000 lumens at 50 watts? thats on the low side for COBs @ 120lm/w compared to 150Lm/W for HPS (600 watt), so even less efficient than HID lighting. but with those folux boards you're getting 198+ Lm/W AND emitting less heat.

PexPeppers said:

I'll take pics later tonight, but yes they are SERIOUSLY bright.
When I was putting together my 3590 setup I hit the switch the first time and was shocked at how bright it is, I think it does about 150l/w @ 72 watts. I need to go back and check my math on it

Chilidude said:

They cant be compared anymore, because the 180w cob led spider should be several times better than my 100w one... :rofl:

Like that in the picture, but mine is unique custom made white one for the special growing shop:

Full-Spectrum-Horticulture-Spider-180W-COB-LED-Grow-Light-for-Indoor-Plant-Greenhouse-Growing.jpg_640x640.jpg

It is very powerful, but it only takes about 90w to run. The cost was only few hundred euros and 3 year warranty, so why not.. :onfire:

Link to the same model for more info:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Free-Shipping-Full-Spectrum-Horticulture-Spider-180W-COB-LED-Grow-Light-for-Indoor-Plant-Greenhouse-Growing/1802025_32373929311.html

I think even one of those 180w cob led spider ones would be enough in a medium size growroom. There is also smaller 90w cob led spider one available.
That Alibaba link seems to be dead, I'd be really interested in the specs of that light though

Ethansm said:
That Alibaba link seems to be dead, I'd be really interested in the specs of that light though

see all the wired together SMD chips on that COB? same thing that's in any other blurple light. 

When i look at my new led growing light, they look like big yellow squares and not like that silver looking thing with small holes in it.

Also the color they output is kind of whitish with a hint of purple. So like i said, the led growing light is custom made for the shop and the frame is white with the name of the shop.

Ethansm said:
That sounds really neat, I don't think I've seen one that's white with a hint of purple. Wonder if it's full spectrum with IR/UV/ others mixed?

California Lightworks has a good version of that but it uses a t5 or t8 UV bulb to achieve it. Theres another one but I can't remember the name of it.

Ethansm said:
That sounds really neat, I don't think I've seen one that's white with a hint of purple. Wonder if it's full spectrum with IR/UV/ others mixed?

I think they are full spectrum stuff using optimized spectrums that the plants mostly use and leaving out most of the useless ones. This led growing light uses Epiled and Epistar chips, the color they output is pretty good to look at compared to those normal led growing lights. Cree chips are the better ones, but these are the second best option.

I got this info for my light:
1 x UV380, 1 x IR730, 2 x 6500k, 4 x 440nm, 6 x 460nm, 1 x 580nm, 1 x 610nm, 4 x 630nm, 10 x 660nm. So i got 2x of those values in my led growing light.

Back