• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Cross Eyed Rosie

Presenting my latest experiment in the kitchen.

Cross Eyed Rosie.

10017876664700.jpg

(click to embiggen the last two images)

It has:
Cross-pollinated Chocolate Habs
Cross-pollinated Antillais Caribbeans
7 Pot Barrackpores
Red Savina Habs
Bhut Jolokia
Caribbean Red
Pear
Kiwi
Honey
Red Wine Vinegar
A splash of Pappy's Sassafras Tea concentrate.

Not sure how many peppers I used, a few pounds at least before cooking it and reducing it down some..

It's much thicker than a regular hot sauce, I'd say it has the consistency of applesauce. I only used as much of the vinegar as needed to get it to blend properly.
Pressure canned at 15psi for 10 minutes on the small jelly jars and 15 minutes on the 1/2 pint jars.

It's hot as hell, retains a lot of the pepper taste, and has a nice fruity sweetness.
I didn't want to make a regular hot sauce this year, I wasn't really crazy about the results I got previously. I also didn't want to make large batches of salsa with it, because that would cut my options down. So I made this stuff. I can add it to something to kick up the heat and flavor, I can eat it straight if I'm in the mood, I like it.

I'm going to be doing the same thing with my yellow colored peppers. I like the fact that I have more options this way.

Wow thats some sauce, my brother and his son would love it. I would love to try some also, but I got bad news about my stomach and the Doc. says no more really hot stuff, but what the heck peppers are supposed to be good for stomach problems, least wise that is what I hear. That sauce does look good though, and I'm sure it tastes great.
George W.

Back