• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Cuban oregano or Spanish thyme

This is what I add to most of my sauces. It tastes great and smells wonderful.

6624354807_55ec55d939_z.jpg

It is extremely easy to clone, also. You just cut off one of the stocks and plant it. That's it.

Completely off topic but here goes anyway:

I helped a neighbor plant a greek oregano lawn about 10 years ago. We solarized the existing lawn (covered it with clear plastic) and let it bake for about a week and a half. Then we simply brought in a friend's hydroseed rig and did a 500% overspray of greek/dwarf oregano seed. It was up and gorgeous in 3 months and he only had to mow it once a year. It was also completely drought tolerant, felt great on your feet, repelled annoying insects & smelled wonderful. The next home I build (for myself) will definitely have an oregano lawn.

(I know this was totally random but your post brought up a good memory)

PS: Those are some huge leaves! Is that a Plectranthus Amboinicus?

Completely off topic but here goes anyway:

I helped a neighbor plant a greek oregano lawn about 10 years ago. We solarized the existing lawn (covered it with clear plastic) and let it bake for about a week and a half. Then we simple brought in a friend's hydroseed rig and did a 500% overspray of greek/dwarf oregano seed. It was up and gorgeous in 3 months and he only had to mow it once a year. It was also completely drought tolerant, felt great on your feet, repelled annoying insects & smelled wonderful. The next home I build (for myself) will definitely have an oregano lawn.

(I know this was totally random but your post brought up a good memory)

PS: Those are some huge leaves! Is that a Plectranthus Amboinicus?

Oregano lawn? That sounds kinda cool!

Yes, it is Plectranthus Amboinicus. You should have seen the leaves on the one that the frost got last night. They were the size of a softball.

Back