• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Culinary Sandbox

Something's brewing in the kitchen….
P1010934.JPG

P1010935.JPG

P1010936.JPG

This process is going to take a few days, so don't turn blue on us!

Geeme, friend that used to make Chocolate Crinkle Cookies would refrigerate the dough for a little bit then shape into balls and roll in granulated sugar then convectioners sugar.  She made beautiful crinkle cookies and said something about the granulated sugar protects the convectioners sugar from being absorbed into the cookie.  Not sure if it helps or not =)

Just had to give this a try after letting it rest a bit...

P1020152.JPG

Corned beef with chipotle chile powder, ginger and rosemary on top. YUM! Again, the pic is not doing it justice as the meat itself is quite moist. But I almost never seem to capture that in my pics, so carry on!

geeme said:
Just had to give this a try after letting it rest a bit...

P1020152.JPG

Corned beef with chipotle chile powder, ginger and rosemary on top. YUM! Again, the pic is not doing it justice as the meat itself is quite moist. But I almost never seem to capture that in my pics, so carry on!

Looks great!

"the meat itself is quite moist. But I almost never seem to capture that in my pics, so carry on!"

Have a water mister on hand... shhhhhhhhhh #cheating #whocares

Actually has some glistening, I can tell it's moist.

first press for focus on the meat piece, then a 2nd press on the fork on either side of the center tine where it's a little bit blown out for exposure, and that sheen on the meat would have come through a little more clearly, I think ...

i'm with Boss, the meat looks good to me ...

Back