Cumari

I ordered seeds for the chinense version of this pepper. Has anyone ever grown/eaten these before?

According to peppermania:
"These small pea size (.3") pods grow on a branching shrub like plant. Very prolific. Extremely aromatic and very fruity...similar aroma as "Fruit Loops" cereal. Hot 9/10. Excellent used fresh for salsas and sauces. You'll get tired of picking these bite size morsels of heat."

Sounds absolutely delicious. Anyone?
db_C-Cumari9.jpg

I grown last season 2 plants of cumari both from the chinense version and they are really a must for every chilehead!
The taste is something really unique a mix of a fruity with a lot of heat too.
Plants tend to grown bushy and are really a prolific.
Good choose!

Vito

The Cumari is also known as "Wild Brazil." It is one of my favorite peppers that I've grown over the past couple of years. It produces LOTS of peppers on a 2 1/2 foot tall bush-like plant. The peppers are bite sized with a very good flavor and they have a surprising amount of heat.

You're really going to like them.

Alan

Mister_Al said:
The Cumari is also known as "Wild Brazil." It is one of my favorite peppers that I've grown over the past couple of years. It produces LOTS of peppers on a 2 1/2 foot tall bush-like plant. The peppers are bite sized with a very good flavor and they have a surprising amount of heat.

You're really going to like them.

Alan

Sounds like it. I've had a pequin plant for 3 years now and it's one of my favorites. This sounds like a fruity pequin

mammoccio said:
I grown last season 2 plants of cumari both from the chinense version and they are really a must for every chilehead!

Thanks for that, I have a few seeds of these, I only remembered because the name always made me think of seafood for some reason.

rainbowberry said:
Thanks for that, I have a few seeds of these, I only remembered because the name always made me think of seafood for some reason.

I have the same problem. Cumari....calamari
I grew it in 07 very hot.

Dale

Hi Alan,
Your Cumarí is a genuine wild Brazilian pepper and it name is Cumarí do Pará.
Everyone is right, it is very hot taste I love the flavor:hell:
I have a litlle tree with thousand of pods not ripe yet:)

Back