• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

cupping problen

Some of my plants are starting to cup near the top of them. Does anyone know why this may be or what type of nutrient deficiency may cause this. All of my plants are in Potters most of them are getting pretty large

Without pictures it will be very hard to help assess your problem. 

It could be pests such as mites or thrips or a nutrient deficiency or nutrient lockout.

First thing,i'd check under leaves for webs and or visible bugs. Usaully cupping is a tell tale sign for me. Any signs of small papery spotting?

pics mate

canoe or taco? distance to lights? type of light? temps? whatcha feeding how often? etc etc etc

pics

Plants are all outside in a greenhouse. Havent given any type of nutrients just some good compost/soil mix from my local greenery. Wafter every 5 or 6 days depending on how hot and dry the soil looks. Will post linksc to pictures

kieansdad said:
Plants are all outside in a greenhouse. Havent given any type of nutrients just some good compost/soil mix from my local greenery. Wafter every 5 or 6 days depending on how hot and dry the soil looks. Will post linksc to pictures
same here, about 1/2 my tomatoes and 1/2 my peppers, all the newer growth leaves are cupped or curled upward around the edges.
All in the greenhouse, only have compost and native dirt in raised beds.

I thought it was related to our recent cold snap; daytime highs in 50's, 40's at night, cloudy for about 3 days now and about 4" of rain. No sun until Tuesday :(

I have had more plants with cupped leaves this year than ever before.

Nothing different than past few years, except the seed stock.

Back