• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Curled coty leaves

Hey everyone, newbie here so please excuse any obvious mistakes... Reason I'm writing is that I am running a bit of an experiment trying to grow some peppers in my windowsill beside the ones in the main setup... other than these growing a bit slower everything seemed to be fine up to today, when I have woken up to see some of the cotys curled up as you can see in the picture, they are in a propagator with no heating, but temp is always around the 22ºC/72 F range. They have healthy roots that have already grown about 5 cm out of the bottom of the cup and are now fed from the bottom, which seemed to be working just fine. Pepper in the picture is a Hungarian Hot Wax, but I've a few others with the same issue, any ideas? thank you!

pOxmntc.jpg

The opening and closing of the cotelydons is perfectly normal. The curling of the tips may be over or under watering.

Thanks for your answer Crock, I knew about the opening and closing, however it is the curled leaves that worry me :( checked them all for soil humidity etc, lets hope they dont get any worse!

Back