• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

seeds Custom Germination Heat Pad

I just bought a custom germination heat pad from ebay the size is: Width:17 inch x 4 feet length (W/Rheostat/Dimmer).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330495808600&var=540021364157

Anyone familiar with these? If so what do you think of them? (I havent received it yet so I'll post feedback later when all is tested)
Also, should I use any overhead lights or is the pad sufficient for germination? I have some amazing strains from an awesome pepper headed expert that I can't wait to get growing. Thanks!

I haven't used that specific one but should work fine. As far as light, no you don't need any until they start poking their little heads through the dirt.

Good luck with your grow!

i havent used this specific one, however this was the first year i used a heat mat and my germination percent increased a lot. def a good little tool

The heat pad arrived 2-days after I bought it.. It works perfect! I set the dial on high and tested the soil temps after a few hours.. Perfect 85 degrees! It's big too so I have plenty of room.. I just hope it last a long time.. I was using a food dehydrator with my cups in water baths.. (Be careful) If you ever do it this way you need to be 100% sure you keep the water baths half filled with WATER or the soil temps will reach into the 100's... I've cooked a few seeds this way..

Back