• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3 2017 Keeping it mild.

Getting the Grow list together for this year. I've grown all the experimentals, this year is about crosses and peppers I know I like. 

Here's what I got so far. I may add or subtract from this list by time I plant seeds. 

Crosses

HRS X Maui purple f2
Pequin X goatsweed

My Crosses

Aji Inti f3 (maybe f4) - Lemon drop x inca berry
Aji Amarillo X caribbean red habanero f2
El Scorponero f2 Tail pheno. - Carbonero x butch t yellow scorpion
Aji Omni color x Moa bonnet yellow f1
Aji Painapple f2 - aji pineapple x butch t yellow scorpion
D3 Goat f2 - Bahamian goat x butch t yellow scorpion
Devils Prick f2 - Paper lantern habanero x butch t yellow scorpion

Others

Aji Fantasy
Sugar rush peach
Fidalga roxa (on the fence about this one)
7pot burgundy
wild brazil
sb7j
scotch brain
papa dreadie scotch bonnet select
MOA red
scotch bonnet brown
white bhut
white bullet habanero
BOC
Yaki Brown (maybe)
Super chili (maybe)
Guajillo
Orange thai
Freeport orange scotch bonnet since I can't find my bahamian goat seeds and they basically the same. 

tctenten said:
Damn. I feel so late to the game. I have sowed just 2 seeds so far.

I saved some seeds from the D3 Goat and will be part of my grow.

Awesome, hopefully between all of us we find a keeper

Genetikx said:
Good luck my friend, I'll be keeping a close eye all season.

Thanks, glad to have you along for the ride!

ronaldo_fanbelt said:
Another awesome list. Can't wait to see how those crosses grow out this year!

Me too, hopefully we find something that's worth keeping and people enjoy. 

it's funny, this time a year we always post updates for every little thing. Then by mid summer it's like. Yup, they alive fck em. 

Hot rod serrano x maui purple are starting to hook

lcA2fTC.jpg

Same thing with El Scorponero 

4ReMKxE.jpg

And what was a fair assumption of pequin x goatsweed

j2ljJ4G.jpg

Really great list Michael you have some great varieties going on ... I will be following the Omni bonnet closely and pleased you added the Freeport Orange ... All the very best for 2017 a glog not to miss

Trident chilli said:
Really great list Michael you have some great varieties going on ... I will be following the Omni bonnet closely and pleased you added the Freeport Orange ... All the very best for 2017 a glog not to miss
Thanks!

I don't have very high hopes for the omni bonnet. Seeds where all kind of runty and unviable looking. Still planted them hoping maybe one would take fine. We shall see. The pod got chewed on a few weeks before ripening.

Cool list d3.

I'm glad to see that you're growing the demonic goat.  That thing is badass.

The pequin x goatsweed that you sent me were pretty good.  The heat level made them perfect to cook with.  I wound up using all of them during the Chinese food throwdown.  

I really liked the pequin x goatsweed. The large pheno was my favorite. A few looked like regular pequin and one was hairy like goatsweed

santis00 said:
Always enjoy your grows. I had a good year last year. To busy to take pics but at least half my plants produced well given the move to a new house.
Thank you, hopefully it's another great year for us.
moruga welder said:
great list Mike , Good luck !       :party:
Thanks :) you too! Going to be lots of the crosses going out this year.

D3monic said:

All but one are purple. 

Not liking the medium that came with those trays. It's shit. Getting moldy too. Can't wait until plants are big enough to transplant into Happy frog. 
Cool man I will be interested to see if they stay purple. First generation a lot of the seedlings were dark purple and then they grew out of it. Seed leaves stayed purple but the rest of the plant was green. Hopefully both of us get a really nice purple pheno. Cheers

I notice on some past plants that purples only show well with strong lighting. Even with pods. Like my cgn-21500 pods where just a light cream until plant was moved outside then started to get the darker foliage and hints of purple to the pods.

I might cross yaki brown with something this year and see if I can get a nice foliage cross. I didn't like pink tigers.

About ready to transplant these seedlings. It's a little early but i'm not happy with the medium they are in. You guys think it's too early?

EZdYISY.jpg

iHowKy5.jpg

a lot of the leaf tips are a little burnt. I'm assuming it's from using tap water. I've moved to using filtered water. 

Opened a bag of Foxfarm ocean forest that had been in my greenhouse all summer/winter. Noticed some fungus gnats crawling around so trying something different this year. 

Placed a cloth aldis bag in a bucket

K1eJzun.jpg

Filled it with soil

h0ftu9i.jpg

Boiled a big pot of water

kUEdMy1.jpg

Drenched the soil and placed a lid on the bucket. 

CZVQT3q.jpg

I will let it sit for an hour or so to let the heat kill everything. 

Hopefully this works. 

Back