• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

D3 Pepper Products

Still got to deal with these, getting ready to start cutting up what's still good. A handful has gotten mushy sitting on the table for the past week. 

rsZYBl9.jpg

little Deep Freeze full of peppers. 

wGUB2s8.jpg

Not quite as much as I thought I had frozen but still a decent amount to play with

ix2Xkvn.jpg

apple smoked thai peppers

sDYiCdy.jpg

7pot brain strain

gDVPYpZm.jpg

El Scorponero peppers of various colors

2TIpk2dm.jpg

Different kinds of bonnets

E06YxX1m.jpg

Reapers

YGQsxejm.jpg

chocolates

brae1QMm.jpg

D3 goats 

a1ctVahm.jpg

White Bhut Long and some white habaneros

35f8IPum.jpg

Trying to come up with a recipe idea, would like to make a small batch of sauce before I go to haunted houses tonight. 

Ingredients on hand.

Peppers:
  • apple smoked thai
  • 7pot brainstrain
  • El Scorponero smoked and non smoked
  • scotch bonnets, apple smoked and non smoked
  • reapers
  • mixed chocolates 
  • SB cappuccino
  • D3 Goats - White, yellow, red
  • Mixed White pods
  • Mixed red superhots all hybrids
  • red bell peppers
 Random Ingredients:
  • Apple Butter (really good too)
  • Frozen Dark Sweet Cherries
  • Honeycrisp apples
  • Lemon
  • Maple syrup
  • cocoa nibs
  • onions (white, red, sweet and shallots)
  • Honeycrisp apple cider
  • mustard
  • horseradish
  • brown sugar
Acids on hand:
  • Dark Cherry Balsamic
  • Wine Vinegar
  • Red Wine Vinegar
  • Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
  • Rice Wine
  • Cane Vinegar
  • Distilled - meh
  • Lemon Juice
  • Lime Juice Concentrate 
Things i'd like to grab from the store:
  • Pears
  • ginger
  • carrots
  • plum (maybe?)
  • raisins 
Now i'm going to stare at this while I cut peppers and see if anything pops out. Already dreaming up something with the cherry balsamic, plums, cherries, d3 goat peppers, maple, apple cider ect...

Almost sounds more like a dessert than a hot sauce but i'm sort of leaning toward

• (haven't decided peppers)
  • Roasted Onion
  • Ground Ginger
  • Apple Cider (instead of water)
  • Cherries
  • Apple butter
  • cocoa nibs
  • brown sugar
  • cinnamon
  • on fence about maple syrup. 
  • Cherry balsamic 
  • Apple Cider Vinegar 
  • Kosher salt

Kinda kitchen-sink... the cherries and cherry balsamic throw me off, I like the apple butter... thinking nix the cherry stuff, add some allspice... boom...

You're doing fine, D3 hahaha
The Hot Pepper said:
dont pay attention to this ^ ;) :rofl:

The pears will go nice with the white pods, and golden raisins go great with just about anything. Try to pair the figs with some smoked pods ;)

Either "great minds think alike" or "fools seldom differ" because I've been trying to draft up a cherry sauce lately too. I'm thinking black cherries, champagne vinegar, white Bhuts, vanilla, and prob a splash of bourbon :cheers:

MikeUSMC said:
You're doing fine, D3 hahaha
dont pay attention to this ^ ;) :rofl:

The pears will go nice with the white pods, and golden raisins go great with just about anything. Try to pair the figs with some smoked pods ;)

Either "great minds think alike" or "fools seldom differ" because I've been trying to draft up a cherry sauce lately too. I'm thinking black cherries, champagne vinegar, white Bhuts, vanilla, and prob a splash of bourbon :cheers:
sounds tasty to me! I got a few more ingredients. About to make a Caribbean style sauce. El Scorponero peppers, BOC and apple smoked bonnets with frozen mango chunks, maybe pineapple, golden raisins, lemon puree, ginger, roasted carrots, onion and garlic. Maybe a little mustard powder, brown sugar and cumin

Attachments

• E1AE9F75-5C7F-46AD-B41B-9455DF1B465D.jpeg
    E1AE9F75-5C7F-46AD-B41B-9455DF1B465D.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 77
Kinda drunk already. Just going to wing some shit see how it turns out. Ill try to weigh everything out just in case it turns out really good

Proper tequila to mix ratio

Attachments

• 25A55E45-C238-47C5-81EC-76C8E0D6BA4E.jpeg
    25A55E45-C238-47C5-81EC-76C8E0D6BA4E.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 77
  • CB6D4067-5952-4AC4-AB9F-B6E1F46E136A.jpeg
    CB6D4067-5952-4AC4-AB9F-B6E1F46E136A.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 75
in no particular order 666 grams of peppers, mango, pineapple, ginger puree, lemon puree, water, roasted onion, carrot, garlic, organic agave syrup, brown sugar,  golden raisins, kosher salt, ground mustard, cumin .. I think that was everything. Have to double check my notes. 

Attachments

• 7A13DA6A-6DB0-42B2-BF97-E20636AAC741.jpeg
    7A13DA6A-6DB0-42B2-BF97-E20636AAC741.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 83
  • B9CE56F4-34D0-4413-BD9B-65223FE8BEEA.jpeg
    B9CE56F4-34D0-4413-BD9B-65223FE8BEEA.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 390C20A1-F99B-48A7-B204-B07372A09045.jpeg
    390C20A1-F99B-48A7-B204-B07372A09045.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 76
  • A2DAC7B3-33BE-46E9-8BA5-2BB25DB334B7.jpeg
    A2DAC7B3-33BE-46E9-8BA5-2BB25DB334B7.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 76
Another example, use fresh garlic and that will take over, like someone added a tablespoon to each bottle weeks later.

The Hot Pepper said:
That vinegar hit will mellow as it melds... give it 3 weeks and it will round out...

That's what sucks about hot sauce making, you have to wait 3 weeks to really taste it...

True, it was really tangy at first and added a 1/2 cup brown sugar to the batch that really brought it down some. I had some on nachos and it was good. I was going to make another batch but my lungs and feet hurt. I think I'll just process and freeze the ingredients for next batch and make it this coming weekend. Thinking a good super hot sauce maybe. Then again kids will be here so don't want to nuke them. I'll just play with a label for now while I relax. Took longer than I'd like to make that last batch. 

Side note, got a daytime hangover from drinking all day. Bleh. 

Back