• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3monic's 2014 Glog n Gardening bonanza

Hi I am D3monic, I am new to this forum. I just moved into our new home this November and the back yard was an absolute barren mess. Just grass.. and oh do I hate grass. 

Winter finally began to release its icy hold and after a lil begging I convinced the my lovely girlfriend to let me dig up the back yard. 

I framed out a few beds to start from 1x8x8 cedar and mapped out where I wanted it. 

First time building any type of a fence. Mistakes were made but none that were un-salvageable. 

I decided to go with drip lines so I wouldn't have to deal with lugging a hose around. Trenched a line in with 1/2" and ran it as a main feed around the beds. I still need to run some more around the fence beds. 

Here she is today, I was adding a lateral 1/2" feed line to the pepper bed so I could run straight drip lines instead of wrapping like that but I got rained out before I could secure it. I got more drip fittings on the way so I can run more drip lines around fence and additional areas. Current peppers in the ground, yummy orange x2 , anch/pablano x9 (I use a lot of these cooking ect), Jalapeno x6 , My habanero seedlings weren't conditioned well and burnt up on me in like 24 hours, cayenne x2, relleno x2 , Cucumber, Tomatillo x2, better boy tomatoes, sweet orange cherry tomatoes, tomato who's name is eluding me atm, Zuks, summer squash, spaghetti squash , peas, my beans seedlings melted, I direct buried some seeds. if they take they take if not oh well, sugar baby watermelon, spinach, lettuce, dutch cabbage, french mescalin blend, some other dainty lettuce, pak choy (another fav)  in the fence beds are  strawberries mixed varieties, white onions, shallots, green onions, leeks, brussels sprouts, broccoli, most herbs including cumin, basil reg and purp ect ect are still being planted as well. 

oh and after a lot of debate I did hops for the gate arbor but it has a ways to go and I may plant more. I don't drink but loved the leaf structure, was toss up between that and dutchmans pipe.  Also plan on doing hanging bags from fence posts for flowers and other peppers and berries. 

outside the fence I am working on a pond. My local menards had HD preformed ponds on sale I picked up a 100gal for $60 
My least favorite part of any yard work is removing sod.. 

Here it is in the ground with some water in it this weekend. Still need more stone for waterfall and accents. I have a remote control color change led light for it as well. Going to be nice. No fish just hopefully some frogs or toads take up residence before the subdivision is finished construction and wipes the rest the pop out. 

Got hit with the pepper bug all a sudden. Ordered a bunch of seeds for me and my old man. late starts, indoors and next years grows. 
Wild Brazil , Orange Wild Brazil (excited for these), Fooled you Jalapeno , Aji Dulce, Piquillo, Aji Pineapple, Fidalga roxa, Hot Tequila, Hatch Chilis, ajijoe's choc handgrenade

from earlier ebay order fatalii, yellow 7pot, serrano, Jamaican hot chocolate , fresno, aji limon.. I have a bakers rack in the basement I plan on growing a few out under and moving a few outside as well. 
originally I had purchased http://www.homedepot.com/p/Monticello-8-ft-x-8-ft-Black-Frame-Quick-Assembly-Greenhouse-Mont-8-BK/203191984?MERCH=RV-_-RV_gm_pip_rr-1-_-NA-_-203191984-_-N  and it was going to be incorporated into the garden/fence but it got too late in the season by the time weather broke enough so I decided to take it back.. I sometimes regret that decision. 

Awesome news! I happened to be the 1500th like over at luckydog and to celebrate he is sending me 3 bottles luckydog hot sauce! How awesome is that? I was just reading how great his sauce was and debating on making an order. Can't wait to try it out. 

Finally got my first aji limon off one the plants. Now only a few dozen more need to ripen

I just ate most of it and I'm a lil disappointed with heat level. Not much of one to be found. Still tastes pretty good. Will make a nice cooking pepper or mild sauce.

seems some the plants are taking to transplant better than others. Lots of dropping leaves but 7pot and choc hab are looking much better than they ever did outside. Added another light to the rack as well. Should be good enough for just peppers. 

Look who's still hanging in the garden. Don't know what i'm going to do with Pablano Pete. Winter fast approaches and I will be cutting the pablanos and tomatoes down any day now. Poor guy won't have a place to relax. Rained last night and he's looking fatter than ever too. He was up and alert but hunkered down when I started poking around at him for pics. Hope he overwinters fine. Would love to see him around again next spring. Maybe even get lucky and will spawn in the pond he morphed out in. 

I ended up ditching the Overwinters as aphids sprung up and rapidly got out of control. Soapy water, seven, safer, neem nothing worked. I removed the plants and nuked the basement. I'm getting ready to clean things up and bleach the floors/walls to start my 2015 seedlings. New thread in the works!

Here's a few pics of the overwinters just before the aphids started getting bad. 

Back