• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3monic's 2015 Glog. Lots of Pods.

I had a great 2014 growing year and can't wait to get started on 2015. Had some issues with overwinters and aphids but I ditched them and nuked the basement. Here is last years Glog link

I just went through and cataloged my current seed list. Built up a bit of a collection over the course of the winter. 

Edited seed list to just a drop box file on 1/31/15 CLICK HERE FOR SEED LIST If you have anything on my wanted list feel free to give me a shout. 
 ​
I will keep this first page updated as I add things to the grow. Many still to get germinated.

Currently Growing List:
 ​
                                                       Member I received seeds from

Bhut Orange Copenhagen                               pier_man0909
Jays Peach Scorpion                                     pier_man0909
Fatalii
Bonda ma Jaques                                          Ajijoe
Butch T Yellow
Sweet Datil                                                    pier_man0909
Bulsa de dulce                                               pier_man0909
Aji Omni-color                                                 Ajijoe
Aji Limon                                                        Ajijoe
Fidalga Roxa                                                   Ajijoe
White Bullet Hab                                            Juanitos.
Paper Lantern Hab.                                         B.Ford
Jamaican Hot Chocolate hab.
White Fatalii                                                   -jcw10tc
White Bhut jolokia                                           -jcw10tc
Urfa Biber                                                       pier_man0909
Inca Berry  -                                                    Ajijoe
Caribbean Red Hab                                          B.Ford
Aji Pineapple  second season                           Ajijoe  slight chance at a 7pot cross. Lost track of crossed pod.  
BG7                                                               Ocho Cinco
Orange Wild Brazil                                           Ajijoe
Goatsweed                                                      Ajijoe
Chocolate Habanero                                         B.Ford
Mystery Hababhut?                                          Nursery
Scotch Bonnets                                               Nursery
Taquila Sunrise "Hot"                                       Ajijoe
Fooled you jalapeno                                         Ajijoe
Yellow Primo                                                   jcw10tc
White Devils tongue                                         jcw10tc
7pot Yellow brainstrain                                     jcw10tc
Trinidad Giant yellow congo                              jcw10tc 
Bahamian goat                                                jcw10tc
Aji Crystal                                                      Capcom
Cumari do Para                                              Capcom
Carolina Reaper                                              R.Roland
7pot Yellow                                                                  No Germ
Yaki brown                                                     juanitos
Xalapa Jalapeno                                             Capcom
Pink Tiger                                                     pier_man0909
Criola Sella                                                   mpicante
7pot White                                                    smileyguy697
Tepin X Lemon drop (iso)  F2                         smileyguy697
Aji Amarillo                                                    mpicante
MOA Scotch Bonnet                                      smileyguy697
Champion (baccatum)                                    smileyguy697
Large Thai Orange                                         Romny 6  (Growdown throwdown)
Yellow Bhut                                                  Pier_man0909
Australian Lantern Habanero                          ajijoe
CGN 21500                                                                      
Scotch Bonnet Chocolate                              chocolatescotchbonnet
Red Savina                                                  chocolatescotchbonnet
7pot Chocolate                                             chocolatescotchbonnet
Carbonero                                                    Pepper T Sherwood
 ​
 ​
 Also doing a few Pineapple ground cherry tomato plants. Taste just like tiny pineapples and will be great for a salsa verde with ajis and maybe the bonda ma jacques

Here is my Currently wanted list. I will keep it updated and change it as things pop up. If you have any of these seeds and would like to trade for something on my current seed list please let me know. Line through it means seed trades are underway. 

Seeds Wanted:

Lemon Habanero
Murupi amarela
Carbanero

D3monic said:
nice, I may have to give that a try so I got something to work with over the winter.
Next batch I make I am going to use smoked pods. Buddy sent me a pecan smoked moruga purée....so hot, but so good. Take just a little bit mix with mayo or sour cream.....real good stuff as a dip or for tacos. Those three pint jars cleared out 2 ziplock bags from the freezer for me.

tctenten said:
Next batch I make I am going to use smoked pods. Buddy sent me a pecan smoked moruga purée....so hot, but so good. Take just a little bit mix with mayo or sour cream.....real good stuff as a dip or for tacos. Those three pint jars cleared out 2 ziplock bags from the freezer for me.

smoked powder really good on a ranch dip. 

bloozer said:
Im pretty sure I have some lemon hab seeds left if you still are in need.
I'll have to check my seed list but I think I aquired some not too long ago. I'll hit you up if I don't. Thanks!

Ozzy2001 said:
I need to do that myself. My freezer is getting pretty full lol.

I still need to try it as well, I don't have too many in my freezer yet. I may have to freeze another batch here this next picking. Lot's of supers though so may just dry them again. 

Finally got my first few reapers. Look tasty. Not sure what i'm going to do with this batch of peppers. I'm sending out a smfrb but other than that I got a lot to process. 

I was thinking about AJs puree but stove doesn't vent outside, don't want to gas the house. 

Not looking forward to deseeding all these. 

Maybe toss a bunch in freezer, make a batch of hotsauce with the reapers, primos and some bolsa de dulce. Just peppers no other veggies. I had the wife pick up a case of 16oz ball jars in case I do make a puree. 

grantmichaels said:
Hot as hell, but still one of the tastier of the top-heat varieties ...

Best super since the Butch T in my opinion.

maybe I just got a mild one but I had a 7pot burgundy on my pizza today thinking it was going to light me up and it was pretty mild. Very nice flavor. I've had hotter orange habs. Or maybe just because it was lacking that harsh flavor lots of other pods hold like bhuts, other 7pots , habs ect. that strong... floral? taste. 

D3monic said:

maybe I just got a mild one but I had a 7pot burgundy on my pizza today thinking it was going to light me up and it was pretty mild. Very nice flavor. I've had hotter orange habs. Or maybe just because it was lacking that harsh flavor lots of other pods hold like bhuts, other 7pots , habs ect. that strong... floral? taste. 

I haven't had a fresh one yet, but I have JHP's powder, and it's one of the better tasting 7pod varieties ...

The nastiest tasting the pepper to me, ever, was a chocolate douglah ...

The most internally disruptive pepper for me are straight up bhut jolokia ...

grantmichaels said:

I haven't had a fresh one yet, but I have JHP's powder, and it's one of the better tasting 7pod varieties ...

The nastiest tasting the pepper to me, ever, was a chocolate douglah ...

The most internally disruptive pepper for me are straight up bhut jolokia ...

all chocolates taste like battery acid to me. Don't dig on the taste at all. 

though the one pepper I thought I would like the least turned out to be not too bad was yaki brown. 

I'm def going to grow a few more 7pot burgundy next year. Probably be the only 7pot variety I grow. 

D3monic said:

all chocolates taste like battery acid to me. Don't dig on the taste at all. 

though the one pepper I thought I would like the least turned out to be not too bad was yaki brown. 

I'm def going to grow a few more 7pot burgundy next year. Probably be the only 7pot variety I grow. 

There's a couple of great brown pods, but they aren't the usual suspects around here ...

The Chocolate Fatalii are nice, but especially the Jamaican Hot Chocolate or whatever they are ...

The latter are must-grow, good ...

http://www.chileplants.com/search.aspx?SearchName=JAMAICAN+HOT+CHOCOLATE+PEPPER+PLANTS&ProductCode=CHIJHC&SizeID=&SearchMode=simple&LengthID=&WidthID=&HeightID=&OrientationID=&FoliageID=&FleshID=&UseID=&Color=&Location=&Keyword=jamaican&HeatID=&TypeID=&DeterminancyID=&CategoryID=1&SeasonID=&NewProduct=&Letter=&SearchButton=Pressed

grantmichaels said:

There's a couple of great brown pods, but they aren't the usual suspects around here ...

The Chocolate Fatalii are nice, but especially the Jamaican Hot Chocolate or whatever they are ...

The latter are must-grow, good ...

http://www.chileplants.com/search.aspx?SearchName=JAMAICAN+HOT+CHOCOLATE+PEPPER+PLANTS&ProductCode=CHIJHC&SizeID=&SearchMode=simple&LengthID=&WidthID=&HeightID=&OrientationID=&FoliageID=&FleshID=&UseID=&Color=&Location=&Keyword=jamaican&HeatID=&TypeID=&DeterminancyID=&CategoryID=1&SeasonID=&NewProduct=&Letter=&SearchButton=Pressed

i have the jamaican hot choc and I didn't care for the taste fresh.. hot as fck that's for sure though. Maybe tastes better in a powder. 
I really like the white devils tongue so maybe i'll like the black. Maybe i'll try some on my lunch tomorrow. 

D3monic said:

i have the jamaican hot choc and I didn't care for the taste fresh.. hot as fck that's for sure though. Maybe tastes better in a powder. 

I really like the white devils tongue so maybe i'll like the black. Maybe i'll try some on my lunch tomorrow. 

I chop them finely and mix into real-deal Philadelphia cream cheese (none of that whipped crap) ...

Season is coming to a close. Picked one my last harvests

My red lanterns are loaded with half developed green pods. Hoping to get one last harvest of them before winter sets in. May even cover that bed in plastic to try and give them enough time. 

One the goatsweed is on the verge of death. This one is thriving for some reason. 

Back