• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3monic's Crossing Project/Community Grow

Click for Currently Crossed ListWill keep it updated as new crosses are added.

Butch T Yellow and Bahamian Goat won the poll!
  1. Aji Omni Color (4 votes [8.16%]
  2. bullet_star_rated.png
     Bahamian Goat (14 votes [28.57%]
  3. bullet_star_rated.png
     Butch T Yellow (9 votes [18.37%]
  4. Aji Crystal (3 votes [6.12%] 
  5. Caribbean Red Habanero (3 votes [6.12%]
  6. Paper Lantern Habanero (7 votes [14.29%] 
  7. Bolsa De Dulce (3 votes [6.12%]
  8. White Bhut (6 votes [12.24%] 

Alrighty folks! It's almost plant out time and that means that my basement and lights are going to be freed up for some crossing projects through the summer. 

I have 4 DWC buckets available for growing peppers indoors all summer. (not to mention racks for seedling growout)
2 spots are already taken by White Fatalii and CGN-21500.

These Plants will be the Base for all my other crosses. Meaning that I will use pollen from plants that are outdoors in the rest of my collection crossed with these. These will be tagged and harvested and grown out in the basement to choose phenos. I'm planning on going for taste more than heat. 

Plants to choose from  

My biggest focus will be crossing the White Fatalii with CGN-21500 but will do plenty of other crosses with them as well. 

Here is my entire grow list and potential candidates to be crossed with my final choices (hope that makes sense)

Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Jays Peach Scorpion
Fatalii
Bonda ma Jaques
Butch T Yellow
Sweet Datil
Bulsa de dulce
Aji Omni-color
Aji Limon
Fidalga Roxa
White Bullet Hab
Paper Lantern Hab.
Jamaican Hot Chocolate hab.
White Fatalii
White Bhut jolokia
Urfa Biber
Inca Berry
Caribbean Red Hab
Aji Pineapple
BG7
Orange Wild Brazil
Goatsweed
Chocolate Habanero
Mystery Hababhut?
Scotch Bonnets
Taquila Sunrise "Hot"
Fooled you jalapeno
Yellow Primo
White Devils tongue
7pot Yellow brainstrain
Trinidad Giant yellow congo
Bahamian goat
Aji Crystal
Cumari do Para
Carolina Reaper
7pot Yellow
Yaki brown
Xalapa Jalapeno
Pink Tiger 
Criola Sella
7pot White 
Tepin X Lemon drop (iso) F2 
Aji Amarillo 
MOA Scotch Bonnet 
Champion (baccatum)
Large Orange Thai (growdown throwdown)
Yellow bhut
Australian Lantern Habanero
CGN-21500
Carbonero

Once the poll is complete Thursday night- the two winning plants will be moved to the hydro system and this thread will serve as my grow log for this project. 

Y'all are more than welcome to offer suggestions as to what you would like to see crossed with what as well. I'm sure I will be sharing seeds with most of you at some point (prolly F2? maybe some F1's)

Some plants where beat up but everything will make it. Had a few big branches bust off the Aji amarillo x caribbean red hab but you really can't tell

zxlD3DI.jpg

Leaves all look like swiss cheese though

9YYVBAl.jpg

Bahamian goat x butch t yellow on my end are starting to throw some ripe pods as well. 

x9ObIYR.jpg

FJnw6NW.jpg

Haven't tried it yet though. Maybe tomorrow

gjdm5o0.jpg

FR0ClOA.jpg

Also pulled two runty aji painapple off the ex-hydro plant, no ripe pods on the potted ones. They are fully loaded with pods  though so should be getting lots of ripe ones soon. 

D3monic said:
Tried my first Bahamian goat X butch t yellow today while making some pepper relish. 

UaAl5F0.jpg

Very little placenta, decent seed count, maybe 25 
Smell of scorpion, cherries and peaches. 

UnPSHJ9.jpg

Heat was tolerable, in the bahamian goat range, would be  great as a powder, on pizza or in a sauce. 

That sounds good.  I do not have any color yet, but it is pushing out some pods.  

I need to rely on my wife for smells, she picks out all the subtle hints. All I can tell is if it smells like a scorpion, hab, bhut ect. She's all like "smells like cantaloupe" "I smell cherries and peaches" ... she will be my official odor sensor. lol. 

too bad I can't get her to taste test too. 

Ouugh, When I clicked this glog I do not expect I see this amazing things. This year I created some new crosses and Next year 2017 I will have glog about it. Until then, I will follow your glog.

Grat job !

Did a taste test at lunch on this runt Paper Lantern x Butch T Yellow. (One on right). It was similar to what you described, scorpion like smell. The flavor was muted and sweet like Paper Lantern. The heat creeped a little but wasn't super hot, maybe hab level. The profile of the heat was more like super hot though, mostly going for the back of the throat. I'm looking forward to trying more pods from both plants as they ripen. 

oKXntQPl.jpg

I forgot to get a pick when I first cut it open. These are quarter slices.  There weren't too many seeds.

Bu0g1yCl.jpg

D3monic said:

Thanks, can't wait to send you some pods to try. 

Here's a handful of ripe Bahamian goat x butch T yellow. no name for them yet. 

mld0wDo.jpg
Love the color on those, look really good.   Seems like everything I try some crosses the mother blossom drops.  Then other days, can't find any pollen.  Might not be something meant for me.  Too busy these days batting the damn rain and all the issues its causing.

jcw10tc said:
Love the color on those, look really good.   Seems like everything I try some crosses the mother blossom drops.  Then other days, can't find any pollen.  Might not be something meant for me.  Too busy these days batting the damn rain and all the issues its causing.

yea it was a lot of failure, most verile pollen was the butch t yellow that's why most my crosses have it. I tried dozens of others but that's the one that kept taking. 

I froze my pollen, helped with having it on hand when needed. I had some aji amarillo pollen take that had been frozen since last year. Got a few pods on aji omni color that where dusted with amarillo. Hoping for a larger color change pod. 

More update pics on some the crosses

7pot burgundy x cgn-21500 two vastly different phenos

HByyDxj.jpg

I3mLbFK.jpg

Lemon Drop X inca berry f1

K69OEsn.jpg

Lemon Drop X inca berry f2

SvQg6oT.jpg

Aji Painapple

4sNEfGf.jpg

Carbonero X BTY

fdx62qh.jpg

sOVG5dT.jpg

Aji Amarillo X Caribbean red habanero - Taking forever to get any ripe pods.. just like amarillo

2qs7aMx.jpg

tctenten said:
Are all of your Lemon/Inca f2 that shape? Looks more like the Lemon Drop than f1
Far as I know only one plant has pods so far. It's also like 5' tall in the greenhouse. My growdown plant.

All the pods on it are long and skinny like that though
Ozzy2001 said:
That burg X cgn with the tail looks cool. Curious what color that will be.
Assuming red but could be different. I like the shape but I like the round blushing pods too

Back