• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3monic's Crossing Project/Community Grow

Click for Currently Crossed ListWill keep it updated as new crosses are added.

Butch T Yellow and Bahamian Goat won the poll!
  1. Aji Omni Color (4 votes [8.16%]
  2. bullet_star_rated.png
     Bahamian Goat (14 votes [28.57%]
  3. bullet_star_rated.png
     Butch T Yellow (9 votes [18.37%]
  4. Aji Crystal (3 votes [6.12%] 
  5. Caribbean Red Habanero (3 votes [6.12%]
  6. Paper Lantern Habanero (7 votes [14.29%] 
  7. Bolsa De Dulce (3 votes [6.12%]
  8. White Bhut (6 votes [12.24%] 

Alrighty folks! It's almost plant out time and that means that my basement and lights are going to be freed up for some crossing projects through the summer. 

I have 4 DWC buckets available for growing peppers indoors all summer. (not to mention racks for seedling growout)
2 spots are already taken by White Fatalii and CGN-21500.

These Plants will be the Base for all my other crosses. Meaning that I will use pollen from plants that are outdoors in the rest of my collection crossed with these. These will be tagged and harvested and grown out in the basement to choose phenos. I'm planning on going for taste more than heat. 

Plants to choose from  

My biggest focus will be crossing the White Fatalii with CGN-21500 but will do plenty of other crosses with them as well. 

Here is my entire grow list and potential candidates to be crossed with my final choices (hope that makes sense)

Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Jays Peach Scorpion
Fatalii
Bonda ma Jaques
Butch T Yellow
Sweet Datil
Bulsa de dulce
Aji Omni-color
Aji Limon
Fidalga Roxa
White Bullet Hab
Paper Lantern Hab.
Jamaican Hot Chocolate hab.
White Fatalii
White Bhut jolokia
Urfa Biber
Inca Berry
Caribbean Red Hab
Aji Pineapple
BG7
Orange Wild Brazil
Goatsweed
Chocolate Habanero
Mystery Hababhut?
Scotch Bonnets
Taquila Sunrise "Hot"
Fooled you jalapeno
Yellow Primo
White Devils tongue
7pot Yellow brainstrain
Trinidad Giant yellow congo
Bahamian goat
Aji Crystal
Cumari do Para
Carolina Reaper
7pot Yellow
Yaki brown
Xalapa Jalapeno
Pink Tiger 
Criola Sella
7pot White 
Tepin X Lemon drop (iso) F2 
Aji Amarillo 
MOA Scotch Bonnet 
Champion (baccatum)
Large Orange Thai (growdown throwdown)
Yellow bhut
Australian Lantern Habanero
CGN-21500
Carbonero

Once the poll is complete Thursday night- the two winning plants will be moved to the hydro system and this thread will serve as my grow log for this project. 

Y'all are more than welcome to offer suggestions as to what you would like to see crossed with what as well. I'm sure I will be sharing seeds with most of you at some point (prolly F2? maybe some F1's)

The plants are doing mint as. Touch wood no pests so far, everything is looking mint. Had hardly any rain so I was able to regulate the water intake myself which is always good.

The leaves are actually much greener that it looks here, this phone always seems to make it more yellow for some reason.

First flowers popping up - its on an El Scorpenero F3 Orange.

2017-12-26_16.19.27.jpg

2017-12-26_16.19.36.jpg

2017-12-26_16.22.00.jpg

2017-12-26_16.19.47.jpg

As promised, I've got some pictures of my contribution to the project!

As a quick refresher, I've got growing:

4x Devil's Prick F2
3x Aji Painapple F2
4x 7 Pot Burgundy X CGN 21500 F2
4x El Scorponero F2

Here's the 4 Devil's Pricks

Here's the 3 Aji Painapple, youngest in the front, then middle, then eldest.

Only the eldest is up to flowering/budding yet, but it isn't wanting to do so.

Most of its forks have no buds, which is quite strange, as all the other plants are producing quite well.

Here's a shot of it.

And here's the most advanced plant out of all the project crosses -  El Scorponero No. 3.

It's got pods! :woohoo: And they look gnarly! :onfire:

Most of the plants in this picture are the crosses, of various ages & sizes.

And there we go! That's where I am at the moment!

TBG, over and out!

SentencedToBurn said:
Have given the plants a 2nd spray of lime sulphur, so hopefully no mites will survive this.

The weather's been mint, all plants have really cranked it, I'll have to start spacing them out soon I think.

2018-01-07_13.42.31.jpg

2018-01-07_13.42.37.jpg

2018-01-07_13.42.43.jpg
any fruits setting yet mate?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Madhatter123 said:
any fruits setting yet mate?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nah man - no open flowers yet on these. My regular chillies that aren't these hybrids are starting to flower but these got started a bit later so I think fruit is still at least another month away since the flowers are still not even open yet.

D3monic said:
Looking great, mite damage doesn't look too bad at all.

i'm just sorting through seeds today getting ready to soak my first round.
Hey yeah I'll probably give it a 3rd soaking next weekend just to be absolutely sure, I know that stuff can get out of control pretty quickly.

Sweet! Yeah I probably won't have any seeds for you till like March or something.. but i think it'll be sooner than last year since our summer so far has been great.

SentencedToBurn said:
Hey yeah I'll probably give it a 3rd soaking next weekend just to be absolutely sure, I know that stuff can get out of control pretty quickly.

Sweet! Yeah I probably won't have any seeds for you till like March or something.. but i think it'll be sooner than last year since our summer so far has been great.

Yea we got such a narrow window of overlapping seasons. I'll try to get some out earlier this year as well. 

D3monic said:

Yea we got such a narrow window of overlapping seasons. I'll try to get some out earlier this year as well. 
No worries man - if I manage to get some seeds to you by say March, or April, hopefully it'll allow us to keep this going. At this rate we can get to F8 in 2 years!

I was thinking, were you going to get them registered officially, etc? Ive looked up and here is what I found:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Cultivar_Registration_Authority - seems this is the place that looks after this type of stuff.

Also seems that they dont actually have a site as such, but are described here: https://www.ishs.org/nomenclature-and-cultivar-registration/icra

Unless you've already researched this and know how to register them? If the cost is reasonable - I'm happy as to go halves with you if there are some fees to register new varieties etc. But yeah just a thought.

SentencedToBurn said:
No worries man - if I manage to get some seeds to you by say March, or April, hopefully it'll allow us to keep this going. At this rate we can get to F8 in 2 years!

I was thinking, were you going to get them registered officially, etc? Ive looked up and here is what I found:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Cultivar_Registration_Authority - seems this is the place that looks after this type of stuff.

Also seems that they dont actually have a site as such, but are described here: https://www.ishs.org/nomenclature-and-cultivar-registration/icra

Unless you've already researched this and know how to register them? If the cost is reasonable - I'm happy as to go halves with you if there are some fees to register new varieties etc. But yeah just a thought.

If there is a cost, it might be a good idea to set up a Kickstarter or something, I'd say that crowdfunding would cover the costs easily!

Starting to get decent pods on a few plants, so now its time to start looking at phenos (minus colour)

El Scorponero has 3 definite different phenos from 3 plants so far.

"Long Pheno"

"Short Pheno"

"Gnarly Pheno"

I'm in love with the gnarly pheno, every single pod on the plant is FREAKING AWESOME!!!!! :onfire:

Also got 2 probably different phenos from 2 Devil's Prick plants. Both only have 1st set of pods, so shape may be off.

"On-Pheno" (can definitely see its namesake in this pod)

"Off-pheno" (not so much)

No pods yet on any of the 7 Pot Burg X CGN 21500 or Aji Painapple, but the 7 Pot X will be very soon, and the Painapple not too far behind (its finally starting to flower)

So, should I be isolating seed from every plant? If not, which ones (at this stage) would you like me to isolate?

All The Best, TBG.

Back