• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3monic's Crossing Project/Community Grow

Click for Currently Crossed ListWill keep it updated as new crosses are added.

Butch T Yellow and Bahamian Goat won the poll!
  1. Aji Omni Color (4 votes [8.16%]
  2. bullet_star_rated.png
     Bahamian Goat (14 votes [28.57%]
  3. bullet_star_rated.png
     Butch T Yellow (9 votes [18.37%]
  4. Aji Crystal (3 votes [6.12%] 
  5. Caribbean Red Habanero (3 votes [6.12%]
  6. Paper Lantern Habanero (7 votes [14.29%] 
  7. Bolsa De Dulce (3 votes [6.12%]
  8. White Bhut (6 votes [12.24%] 

Alrighty folks! It's almost plant out time and that means that my basement and lights are going to be freed up for some crossing projects through the summer. 

I have 4 DWC buckets available for growing peppers indoors all summer. (not to mention racks for seedling growout)
2 spots are already taken by White Fatalii and CGN-21500.

These Plants will be the Base for all my other crosses. Meaning that I will use pollen from plants that are outdoors in the rest of my collection crossed with these. These will be tagged and harvested and grown out in the basement to choose phenos. I'm planning on going for taste more than heat. 

Plants to choose from  

My biggest focus will be crossing the White Fatalii with CGN-21500 but will do plenty of other crosses with them as well. 

Here is my entire grow list and potential candidates to be crossed with my final choices (hope that makes sense)

Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Jays Peach Scorpion
Fatalii
Bonda ma Jaques
Butch T Yellow
Sweet Datil
Bulsa de dulce
Aji Omni-color
Aji Limon
Fidalga Roxa
White Bullet Hab
Paper Lantern Hab.
Jamaican Hot Chocolate hab.
White Fatalii
White Bhut jolokia
Urfa Biber
Inca Berry
Caribbean Red Hab
Aji Pineapple
BG7
Orange Wild Brazil
Goatsweed
Chocolate Habanero
Mystery Hababhut?
Scotch Bonnets
Taquila Sunrise "Hot"
Fooled you jalapeno
Yellow Primo
White Devils tongue
7pot Yellow brainstrain
Trinidad Giant yellow congo
Bahamian goat
Aji Crystal
Cumari do Para
Carolina Reaper
7pot Yellow
Yaki brown
Xalapa Jalapeno
Pink Tiger 
Criola Sella
7pot White 
Tepin X Lemon drop (iso) F2 
Aji Amarillo 
MOA Scotch Bonnet 
Champion (baccatum)
Large Orange Thai (growdown throwdown)
Yellow bhut
Australian Lantern Habanero
CGN-21500
Carbonero

Once the poll is complete Thursday night- the two winning plants will be moved to the hydro system and this thread will serve as my grow log for this project. 

Y'all are more than welcome to offer suggestions as to what you would like to see crossed with what as well. I'm sure I will be sharing seeds with most of you at some point (prolly F2? maybe some F1's)

An f2 pheno of El Scorponero

GM5F4V5.jpg

F3 El Scorponero

Check out how big this pod is on this pheno of F2 el  scorp

1AiRpnW.jpg

Finally got around to diddling some flowers. Used some  pollen  I had frozen from 2015 so not  overly optimistic  it  will take but moved plants into greenhouse for a few days just to give a  little extra  protection.

First  on the White bhut long (look how pretty she is gotta love FFOF)

hbVdOJy.jpg

JWICZPl.jpg

White bhut  x omni color   (old pollen)
white bhut x 7pot burgundy  (old pollen)
white bhut x yellow brainstrain

Next on yellow  brainstrain (thought I took a whole plant pic guess not.. here's  a normal pod)

tFwwESN.jpg

A9HJMTZ.jpg

Yellow brainstrain x white bhut long
Yellow brainstrain x  Aji  Limon  (old pollen)

That brainstrain x white bhut man, that's awesome. Cant wait to see what colour it turns out. Is it an F1? I guess if it is, itll probably be red until we get to F2s F3s?

SentencedToBurn said:
That brainstrain x white bhut man, that's awesome. Cant wait to see what colour it turns out. Is it an F1? I guess if it is, itll probably be red until we get to F2s F3s?
If Im lucky enough for it to take. Been really windy. There wasnt much for pollen though Ill keep trying all summer

Now  that white bhut long and yellow  brainstrain have been  in the greenhouse a few days I  was able to  collect some pollen. I dusted  both  the  brainstrain and the white bhut  with  some  orange wild  brazil  pollen and might hit ghostly peno if  it doesn't get dark on me. 

The big  el scorponero turning yellow

WdVvkgq.jpg

D3 Goat

zS0VFXg.jpg

GJwV32e.jpg

Finally  starting to get some peppers  on one  the   omni bonnets. 

enkL9SV.jpg

Look a lot like regular aji omni color start out

LDjkf41.jpg

Aji Amarillo x  caribbean red habanero

UYoE64x.jpg

F2 El Scorponero almost finished ripening. 

8vJ6vM6.jpg

These was supposed to be swiss chocolates. I'lll   have to source some other  seeds. 

8AjLaoi.jpg

Walchit said:
20180702_091244.jpg

This el scorpanero f2 has grown. Had a bastard nearly bug laying eggs on it smh.

Did you see the swiss chocolate plant on my glog. Its super weird
Ill have to check it out, who you get seeds from? Was it me? Its my first year growing it. For life of me I dont remember who sent them to me

Side by side of two yellow f2 phenos of El Scorponero. Smaller pheno just tastes like orange habs with hardly any heat. Haven't tried the larger one yet. 

2hHJgIe.jpg

The only Omni Bonnet producing pods

vAYt6MQ.jpg

PMXVrxa.jpg

This one has super small flowers starting to form

vFnrUVx.jpg

A bbg7 that starts out green/purple with purple foliage and then turns red. Not much of a caxl 

iuihdnX.jpg

MRFxP4Z.jpg

This rather interesting  pheno of "not  reaper"  Dark foliage, purple green pods. Probably turn red as well

quGE6ub.jpg

Plant one Orange El Scorponero pods almost reaching maturity I will sort out and photograph

32b6cd2d30851db744ed38b3fecef291.jpg

Omni Bonnet I don't have the classic Omni shaped pods these more bullet shaped with the SB lines and bit like a "drill round" if you know what I mean

170210a68f08bbacc65632073fe92546.jpg

When they start to colour up I will send more photos

Pale Goat growing to form very much like you pods photos to follow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trident chilli said:
Plant one Orange El Scorponero pods almost reaching maturity I will sort out and photograph

32b6cd2d30851db744ed38b3fecef291.jpg

Omni Bonnet I don't have the classic Omni shaped pods these more bullet shaped with the SB lines and bit like a "drill round" if you know what I mean

170210a68f08bbacc65632073fe92546.jpg

When they start to colour up I will send more photos

Pale Goat growing to form very much like you pods photos to follow

Ive been wondering how your plants were doing. Thank you for the update!

When you compare your Omni pods they are growing almost vertical.... these look to have more bonnet like traits and mostly hang down like pendants

Hope these photos help

0626ba244571be4993d7ecc6708126a4.jpg

6d94e8235891f982c18caece6145fe19.jpg

The other plant which was very compact and deep in growth at the moment has a mass of small irregular shaped pods, very dark green in colour ... looking forward to showing you them in colour

Back