• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Da Bomb - Beyond Insanity. Have you tried it?

Maybe a bit of an odd question. Years ago for my birthday, a girlfriend gave me a bottle of this sauce. I wasn't a fan; it was too hot for me and I didn't care for the taste. Turns out my dad enjoyed it, more or less, and I found a new bottle of it in the fridge this weekend. If you've tried it, I'm very curious what people think of the heat and flavor.

I tried some last night. I still can't say I care for the taste at all. The heat is still pretty intense for me, but it fades fairly quickly.

Again, back to my biggest argument. There are some sauce makers out there that go for the burn and not the taste. Why not have the best of both worlds and have great taste with the heat? It is possible!!! Let me take one wild guess what the first ingredient in that sauce was. . . extract maybe?

Sorry you had a bad experience...

Ingredients: Orange juice concentrate, habanero peppers, chipotle puree (chipotle, water, salt, and citric acid), water, natural pepper flavoring, tomato paste.

Reading those ingredients it doesn't sound super appetizing, but I don't taste the OJ at all.

Ingredients: Orange juice concentrate, habanero peppers, chipotle puree (chipotle, water, salt, and citric acid), water, natural pepper flavoring, tomato paste.

Reading those ingredients it doesn't sound super appetizing, but I don't taste the OJ at all.

Just wondering what the "natural pepper flavorings" would be...

Honestly, it just doesn't sound like a good mix with all the citrus then tomato paste. Then again, I'm not the biggest fan of habaneros.

Just wondering what the "natural pepper flavorings" would be...

Honestly, it just doesn't sound like a good mix with all the citrus then tomato paste. Then again, I'm not the biggest fan of habaneros.

Yeah isn't a very smooth sauce but it works well added to pasta sauce for a simple kick.(119k SHU)

As for the "natural pepper flavorings" I am definitely inclined to think that is code for extract.

I tried this for the first time on Saturday, I was in Austin and got a bottle from Tears of Joy.

The taste is not so good, but it has such a kick I've just been adding a couple of drops to food and barely noticing it. 2 drops in a bowl of chili hardly alters the taste and gives it a nice heat.

I'm pretty new to the non-supermarket sauces and this is the hottest sauce I've tried so far.

Cheers!

Back