• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Danny Cash Hot Sauces

Danny Cash

Just finished Danny Cash's 3 sauces. A very nice guy to talk to via email. I loved reading his stories about cooking away in a church. I hope his new digs work out for him.

1) Danny Cash's - Stays Cool - Green Habanero Sauce
2) Danny Cahs's - Bottled Up Anger - Habanero Hot Sauce
3) Danny Cash's - Radical Heat - Habanero Hot Sauce

I first used the sauces at a birthday party, pouring it on some club sandwhiches. #1 had the most vibrant flavors. Lots of lime, and what I thought was jalapenos (green habaneros) was very fresh tasting, kind of like a fresh salsa.

#2 was extremely muted in flavor in comparison to #1. The dark green color even seemed muted. Also, the heat just wasn't there. Bottled up Anger? Danny Cash must have gone to see a chic flick that week, and bottled up some Love!

#3 looked promising: Fiery red sauce, nice chunks. "RADICAL" heat, and rated at 10 out of 10. Self-description on the web site said I'd sweat and it was as hot as you could get without extracts. Although I detected a decent heat level, it was way below expectation. I've had plenty of hotter sauces that topped this one. Personally I thought that this one should have been in the "Bottled Up Anger" #2 bottle.

All three were too runny for my liking, and unfortunately it wasn't due to water. It was from vinegar. Lots and lots of it. Way too much. It was all I could taste in #2, and competed too much in #1/#3.

Anyway, I finished all 3 sauces the other night on hamburgers. I believe the bread really helped soak up the vinegar, because it really went GREAT with the burgers.

I did the tablespoon test on all of them afterwards (which invovles drinking them straight) and it was pure vinegar hell. Surprisingly #3 was the worst since that had the worst consistency. (Seeds, chunks, and runny vinegar)

I would have given them 2 thumbs up during the hamburgers, but 2 thumbs down during the other events. I attribute it all to the vinegar. So kind of a mixed feeling. Their low heat level didn't match the theme at all (mohawks & punks) so it's a no-go in my house. I'd probably point to Marie Sharp's line as a better alternative. Less vinegar, better consistency, and wider range in heat.

Yes. When I bought the hot sauces, I just went for the "gift pack" which comes with the mustard. And a sexy tin (Yes, it felt like Christmas in May!)

My sister is the mustard freak, so I gave it to her. I visited a couple weeks ago and we gave it a try.

However, I am unable to give an accurate review. To me, it tasted pretty plain... BUT... made the mistake of eating it last, and am pretty sure I fried my taste buds on a few scorchers before that. Especially this one by I think Mezzetta. Bummer, because my sister said it was awesome.

Thanks for reviewing our sauces....

Dustin, thanks for buying and reviewing our stuff, we value all feedback on our products. Everyone's palettes are different. Case in point: we just returned from the Zesty Best food show in Orange County California and we entered 4 products into thier industry wide competition and EVERY product placed. Here's what we walked away with:

Bottled Up Anger - 2nd Place - Hot Sauce Habanero
Stays Cool - 2nd Place - Hot Sauce Medium
Habanero Mustard - 3rd Place - Condiments Mustard
Habanero Mustard - 3rd Place - People's Choice

Watch for our next sauce, "Danny Cash's Pure Vinegar Hell"

Kidding.

Thanks-

terrabyte said:
Danny Cash

Just finished Danny Cash's 3 sauces. A very nice guy to talk to via email. I loved reading his stories about cooking away in a church. I hope his new digs work out for him.

1) Danny Cash's - Stays Cool - Green Habanero Sauce
2) Danny Cahs's - Bottled Up Anger - Habanero Hot Sauce
3) Danny Cash's - Radical Heat - Habanero Hot Sauce

I first used the sauces at a birthday party, pouring it on some club sandwhiches. #1 had the most vibrant flavors. Lots of lime, and what I thought was jalapenos (green habaneros) was very fresh tasting, kind of like a fresh salsa.

#2 was extremely muted in flavor in comparison to #1. The dark green color even seemed muted. Also, the heat just wasn't there. Bottled up Anger? Danny Cash must have gone to see a chic flick that week, and bottled up some Love!

#3 looked promising: Fiery red sauce, nice chunks. "RADICAL" heat, and rated at 10 out of 10. Self-description on the web site said I'd sweat and it was as hot as you could get without extracts. Although I detected a decent heat level, it was way below expectation. I've had plenty of hotter sauces that topped this one. Personally I thought that this one should have been in the "Bottled Up Anger" #2 bottle.

All three were too runny for my liking, and unfortunately it wasn't due to water. It was from vinegar. Lots and lots of it. Way too much. It was all I could taste in #2, and competed too much in #1/#3.

Anyway, I finished all 3 sauces the other night on hamburgers. I believe the bread really helped soak up the vinegar, because it really went GREAT with the burgers.

I did the tablespoon test on all of them afterwards (which invovles drinking them straight) and it was pure vinegar hell. Surprisingly #3 was the worst since that had the worst consistency. (Seeds, chunks, and runny vinegar)

I would have given them 2 thumbs up during the hamburgers, but 2 thumbs down during the other events. I attribute it all to the vinegar. So kind of a mixed feeling. Their low heat level didn't match the theme at all (mohawks & punks) so it's a no-go in my house. I'd probably point to Marie Sharp's line as a better alternative. Less vinegar, better consistency, and wider range in heat.

I dont know.. If you use enough of Radical Heat there is something about it that burns my esophagus. I have had a whole bottle of Belizean Heat in a meal and don't get this... I know its not the heat.. It must be the strong combination of vinegar and lime I am thinking.. Plus its consistency is thin so maybe that doesn't help either.

Back